MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, January 9, 2010

X-weighted, Part II

Did the fitness test at home...I guess I could have gone down to Eau Claire, but thought with the challenge as well as the regular "oh, dear God, it's January and I've made resolutions to work out to the max every single day" crowd, it was going to be a zoo down there. I didn't have 10 lb weights, but Daddy raised a resourceful girl! I attached some 2 lb weights I had to the 8 lb weights I use for Boot Camp, and voila! My total time was 5:14:28. The lunges slowed me down (my left ankle still isn't totally happy doing them, but it didn't hurt nearly as bad as it has in the past), as well as the lay-downs (I call them burpees). And the jumping wasn't the prettiest, but I live in a 60+ year old building...I was more worried about going through the floor into the apartment below!!!
Before photos (not bad considering I live alone and don't have a tripod!).
199.9 - gag. ONE.NINETY.NINE.POINT.NINE!!!!! I vowed I wouldn't get over 200 again, but this is a little too close for comfort. The challenge didn't like my .9 though, so my start weight with them is the magic 2 number. Double gag!
Took the measurements at well, and I am square...okay, rectangular if we're going to knit-pic, but the bust, waist and hips are almost the same! Triple gag!!!
Weigh-in this morning wasn't great (I over-indulged in some cookies) but I didn't gain. Didn't lose either, but didn't gain. I'll take it. I've been doing this for so long now that I know to celebrate the small victories as vigorously as the big ones. We'll see changes next week, as Boot Camp starts on Monday. Blessed Boot Camp! Hey, just realized that my success story is posted! Yay me! Anyway, I have noticed a direct correlation between the endorphins from Boot Camp and sugar cravings. When I'm not getting said endorphins, said cravings sky-rocket through the roof!!!
I should go for a run, as it's glorious outside. Maybe a good brisk walk. I'll run 10km tomorrow, as the marathon training officially starts as well. So that'll be Boot Camp 3X a week and running 5X. Great mix of cardio and weight training. I also have a video, Yoga for Runners, which I'll try to do once or twice a week, mainly to help stretch out. I am not a yoga fan though, so it may not be my thing. We'll see.
Breakfast this morning was a Green Monster, and lunch was a couple of buffalo wieners with hot & spicy mustard. Going to make an Italian turkey meatloaf with marinara sauce for dinner (trying out the new stuff from Epicure), and a side salad.
Had to end this blog with a photo of my Coco Chanel...okay, so she's not exactly "model" material, but she always puts a smile on my face! She's my little Buddha kitty!

Peace be with you...
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive