MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, January 24, 2010

The rest of Sunday

After lunch, I fought to stay awake, so figured I had better get outside and get the sidewalks done. Sadly, I don't have self-cleaning sidewalks, and I refuse to dump a ton of salt on top, so that it turns into a big, sloppy mess. The way I look at it, I just got in more cardio, as well as some strength training. It takes a lot to scrape a couple of inches of ice/snow off frozen cement.
Came back inside, sweaty yet again, and decided I needed to clean up my running gear as well. Hiked back down to the basement, but I decided to wash everything in one load. Mothers everywhere could be felt shuddering, as I threw darks, whites, undies, socks, hankies, running pants, technical gear, etc, into the washer. I did wash it all on cold, and nothing ran (even washed a red shirt - gasp!!)
While the laundry was drying, I did have a little nappy-poo on the couch. Except my hip kept aching and waking me up. It's just not as comfy as my bed.
Decided I wanted something with lentils for supper, so I got a pot of dried green ones cooking in boiling water, some salt and a bay leave. Let that go for about an hour or so, before draining and removing the leave. Then I took out a couple of venison sausages (that I won in the Christmas auction, and are beautiful and extra lean) and fried those up in a pan with a little evoo. Once they were nicely browned all over, I removed them and added celery, onions, carrots and garlic. Cooked those till just tender, added a can of drained diced tomatoes, some cumin and some oregano, the now chopped up sausage and the drained lentils. Finish it off with a refreshing hit of lime juice, and voila! I am a good cooker!!!

I'm off to catch up on some shows I have holding on my PVR, and then to bed early. I may be off work this week, but I am taking my mother in for an Alzheimer's assessment tomorrow at the hospital, and this is new for us all. Hoping to get some good news, in that we've caught it early and she reacts well to meds. Had a friend that lost her mother physically on New Year's, but mentally several years ago. Not the way for anyone to go.
Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Later,

1 comment:

Amber said...

This weekend I had to wash running clothes and work clothes. I didn't have enough to make two different loads so I threw them all together *gasp*. My nasty, sweaty running clothes with the nicest pieces in my closet.

Ah well, everything seemed to work out fine :)

Blog Archive