MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday group run

This is the first time I've ever done the Running Room Sunday morning group runs. I did the 10k clinic years ago, but that was before when I used to sleep till 11 or so on Sundays, and I thought "you want to do what at WHAT time?!?! Na-uh!" I was surprised by all the people down at the Eau Claire Running Room this morning, for all the long runs. There are groups for Learn to Run, 5k, 10k, Ladies only, Half, Full and Full Walkers, so there were people everywhere! Got sorted into our groups, and then into our pace groups. While I am the slowest (read: last) person in the clinic, I was placed with the 4:45 group. I did my best to keep up, and I am proud to say, I did just that until about the 10km mark. Then the hips and thighs started to seize a bit, slowing me down. Didn't help that the person who planned the route this morning was obviously drunk, as we went up hills, down hills, jay-ran when there were paths to follow, ran streets that haven't been plowed since LAST January, etc. It got a bit challenging towards the end. But we ended up doing 13.93km (supposed to be 13), and my pace of 8:13 is in line with my weekly pace, and a full minute faster than last week's 10km LSD I did alone. So I need the group to keep me going, I guess.
Tried to have an early night, after seeing Up in the Air (two thumbs, arms, legs, feet, etc up! Most fabulously excellent movie...funny, touching, heartbreaking and not your typical Hollywood ending! And it was George...how could you go wrong?), so managed to be in bed by 10:30. Slept till 7, with a few interruptions from the furbabies, and then got up and ate some oatmeal (my usual nutella-banana-coconut) with a half a 1% latte. I am not running anywhere without some caffeine in my system!
After the run, came inside the mall, and did some stretching (although my butt and hamstrings are calling for a bit more), then came home and jumped in the shower. I was FROZEN by this point. I tend to sweat...I don't glow...I don't perspire...I SWEAT! My hair was soaked, my top was soaked, the vest I wore on top of the top was soaked...you get the picture. Add -10C temperatures to a wet body, and what do you get? One shivering mass! I even took the time for a sugar scrub (Rocky Mountain Soap Company's Spicy Mandarin Orange), so now I'm all warm and soft and buttery. Finished my latte, but now I need to find something for lunch. Then I have to get stuff ready for an Epicure tasting at work tomorrow (I need to pay for Conference!), which will involve a trip to the grocery store. Haven't yet decided if I'm walking or driving...we'll see.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive