MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Garmin Grrrrrrrr!

Last night it did this, and tonight it did the same thing. I finished my run, hit stop, swear it said "timer stopped" but IT LIES!!! The timer (and GPS) are still plugging away, so my 10k last night suddenly became 13 and tonight's 8km (even checked it at 8 to make sure it looked like it stopped) has turned into 10! That throws off my pace (which I'll have to manually calculate again) and my calories and my heart rate. GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
Today in a nutshell:
breakfast - oatmeal with milk, craisons and almond butter. Now I'm out of milk and nutella. I must go for groceries tomorrow night.
90 minute meeting with all the Technical Managers across Canada today...it was interesting, although they did lose me at one point talking about some new fangled computer program.
lunch: Greek salad, whole wheat pita, hummus. A blueberry yogurt from our morning snack basket with 1/3 c All Bran. I feel the need for some fibre!

afternoon snack: 1 Ambrosia apple
dinner: diced up chicken in Mexican Rice, topped with salsa, shredded cheese and sour cream. It was nice, and just enough for run clinic.

Clinic was tonight, and we talked about the "do's & don'ts" of marathons. Funny how it seemed that Garrath was looking right at me whenever he mentioned a don't! Or am I just paranoid? Anyway, we were doing an 8k Steady tonight, but my pacer was away, so I was once again on my own. :(
I had everyone in my sight lines, but at about the 2k mark, I heard a voice...thought it was God, but turned out to be Garrath, waiting for me to change up my route. He didn't want me running the usual one on my own (it is dark and scary in some spots!), so once he was satisfied I knew the way to go, he took off again. What I ended up doing was running to 14th St, looping back to 10th, looping back to 14th and then east to Prince's Island and back to the Running Room. The only problem is (and the only time I stopped was when the light was red at 10th St!) when I got to the finish line, I still had 770m to go! So I turned around and did another loop down the pathway, until I ran out the 770. After all, training says to 8...I do 8!
Garmin says (after some quick math skills): 1:05.49, 8:26/km, 158 average bpm, 549 calories. Just checked the training schedule, and the steady pace for 'to finish' is 8:59, so I'm thrilled with 8:26.
Need to load up on some water and then to bed within the hour. My goal for the next few weeks to up my sleep, as I know that where I lack. And between marathon and boot camp, my body is going to need the time to recover!
Later,
P.S. Just had an email from Garrath, checking how my run was and to make sure I was okay. How freaking nice is that?!

1 comment:

H-woman said...

He sounds like a great leader!

H =)

Blog Archive