MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I heart Boot Camp

My heart hearts Boot Camp...my legs, butt, abs and arms, not so much!! I kid...it was another awesome night, despite being stiff and sore from Monday!
The day started as usual, with my nutella-banana-coconut oatmeal, and a glass of milk. Ran again at lunch, and I am proud to say that I shaved a full 21 seconds...yes...TWENTY-ONE SECONDS off my time from yesterday!!! Celebrate every victory! The sun was shining brightly today, and at +5C, it was a glorious day for a 6km tempo run. Managed to restrict my walking to three brief sessions, just like yesterday, but I really tried to keep up the pace. Even remembered to take the iPod today (don't usually run with it anymore...Vancouver ruined it for me...silly rules!), and decided I really like running to the Black Eyed Peas...good beat that is maintained through-out, which is helpful to maintaining a good running pace.
Returned to the office and ate the last of my turkey meatloaf, a few stalks of celery and a carrot. A 1/2c of lightened coconut yogurt with some All Bran for dessert. Yum. Afternoon snack was an Ambrosia apple. I've been very disappointed the Pink Ladies this year, so switched this week.
Got home, changed, wolfed down a slice of rye with some nutella and headed off to Boot Camp. Trainer Josh decided since he was "so nice" to us on Monday by "taking it easy", he was going to really crank it up today! Uh-oh... We started with a good old cardio session...running up the road leading into Edworthy Park. It's just over a km long and goes up and up and up and up and up! At least his rule was whoever reached the top first, take a quick breather, and then "rescue" everyone else on their way down. Thank goodness...although I made it further than I expected. Next time, I'll make it further, this I vow!
Returned to the meeting spot, and broke out the mats and weights. Started with a countdown: 10 push ups, flip to your back and 10 'raise the roof' (full sit up, while pushing your weight up over your head), 9 push ups, 9 rtr's, 8 and so on. Made it down to 4 before the first person finished (who is this keener?!?) and we could all stop. Then we switched it up to...okay, so I've totally forgotten what Josh calls it, but it amounts to this: do a set of something for 20 seconds, rest for 10, next set for 20, rest 10, etc, for a full 4 minutes. Which honestly flies by! We did burpees for 20, dropped to our backs for drop-leg flies for 20, got back up and did thrusters for 20, rest for 10 and finished off with bent over rows for 20. Rest for 10 and repeat. Then we switched to jump squats (I did sumos) for 20, rest for 10, static leg lunges with flies for 20, rest for 10, switch legs with curls for 20, rest for 10 and finished off with...blanking on this one! We did repeat it all though, for fun! Then we dropped to our mats for alternating 20/10 sets of full body bike and scissors. After all of that fun, we did some planks and ab work to finish up the day. I may have to pay someone to go get my coffee tomorrow morning!
Came home from workout, very sweaty (it's dark by the time boot camp is done, and the temp has dropped to +1 - it was brisk, being all wet and sweaty like that!) and cold. Decided it was best to change into dry clothes and start laundry - I mean really...I've run 6km, I've done an hour boot camp, so why not add 3 loads of laundry that involve 3 flights of stairs (down & then back up again) each!!
Dinner was quick but good...I tossed together cauliflower, broccoli, carrot and brussel sprouts with some evoo and threw it in the toaster oven to roast. I also cubed up a potato and threw that in beside. Cooked a couple of the President's Choice light burgers in a frying pan, and then browned some diced up mushrooms in the pan juices. Meanwhile, I mixed up some Epicure Gravy (new this season) in the microwave - it's low sodium and artificial anything/crappola free. Less than 3 minutes, and I had gravy.
Poured that over the burgers & mushrooms, and let it all meld together. Once all my veggies were nice and toasty brown, dinner was ready. Tasted awesome, but I managed to stop myself from eating it all, and now lunch for tomorrow is all packed away!
Sorry for the long post...I do tend to ramble. Over 5 hours of activity in the X-weighted challenge so far, and I have another 6 km to run tomorrow. That's if I can actually managed to get out of bed!
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive