MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Beautiful Blogger


Thanks, Cowgirl Warrior for sending the Beautiful Blogger award my way. I am new to this world, and find it fascinating that people are actually reading what I have to say!
So, 7 things about me that people don't know...hmmm...this could hard.

1. I was adopted at birth, but unlike the majority of adoptees out there, I have no desire to find my birth parents. It's done, it's the past and nothing can be done to change it. Besides, I'm happy with my family...fate has a funny way of making sure you're where you belong.

2. I am a shy extrovert...I am loud and 'big' because inside, I am shaking in my boots meeting new people and going into unknown situations!

3. It has been 16 years since I have been in a relationship...and by relationship, I mean any situation where I have dated the same man more than once in a row!! Wow...that's kind of sad. And really, really scary!!

4. I prefer cats (and animals in general) over children. Really. Always have. I have never had my 'clock' go off (think I threw it out the window years ago, actually) and do not regret that decision at all. My friends can have all the babies they want...as long as they get some sort of pet for me to play with, it's all good!

5. I have worked full time since I turned 18, and have never not worked since. Even through two years of college, I worked 30+ hours a week, took a full course load and in the last semester, did a weekly practicum job. Granted, almost killed me, but I survived. And since I was 16, not counting all the part-time jobs (yeah...why work just one job when you can never sleep or have a social life!), I have worked for a total of 3 companies...the bank (18 years), the medical beauty place (2 years) and my current company (10 years in April).

6. I survived Clinical Depression over 10 years ago now. I was off work for 6 months, seeing a psychiatrist, on anti-depressants and going to group therapy 4 times a week, but I came through the other side stronger for it. And that's what finally got me to leave the bank! So it's all good!!!

7. Even though I work in the Accounting department, and my title is Accounting Coordinator, I am not a trained or educated "Accountant". In fact, my college diploma was in Public Relations. And I suck at math!!! But spreadsheets rock, and I learn as I go. Good thing I totally rocked out finding the company and coworkers I did, because I love my job, I love where I work and I love what I do.

There...now most of the blogs I follow have already been tagged by this award, so I guess I'll leave it up to anyone who wants to comment to leave their own 7 unknown facts about themselves.
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive