MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Where has the week gone?

Can't believe it's Thursday already. Only one more day of staycation, and then it's the weekend and then it's back to the grind...oh well. What do you do? Haven't won the lottery yet, so I can't stay home forever.
Woke up this morning with the tell-tale scratchy throat, itchy ears and stuffed up nose. My face ached last night, so I knew something was coming on. Just really don't want to deal with a cold now, so I pumped up the vitamin C, and got some OJ to be on the safe side.
Had my usual latte, and since I woke up slowly today, I decided pancakes (something brunchy) would be in order. I topped them with a banana, some toasted coconut and some melted nutella. Now this really reminded me of the crepes I had in Paris! Nom, nom, nom... And since the pancakes were on the large side, I did carry this over into lunch for me.
Puttered around the house some more, and then decided to walk to the bank (with a rent deposit) and then Safeway to pick up some stuff for Chicken soup...it is supposed to be the cure-all, right?

Walked home (it was nice but still a little chilly - the sun felt good though) and after making a pot of soup (carrots, celery, garlic, parsley, chicken and chicken stock into a pot - simmer), I decided I was hungry, so made a quick open-faced sangy of feta, basil and tomato. Nom, nom, nom...

When I was at Safeway, I saw a box for Matzo balls, and decided millions of Jewish mothers can't be wrong, right? The directions were simple enough...mix 2 eggs, 2 tbsp oil and 1 package from box till combined. Refrigerate for 15 minutes, roll into balls and drop into boiling water (in this case, chicken soup). Easy-peasy...I ended up with chicken matzo stoup!! My matzos did not stay in nice balls...they 'sploded...and they were SALTY!!! I did not enjoy my healing bowl of soup...I still hope it worked though.

Headed down to the Running Room for clinic tonight. After a brief talk on gear and then how to use the training website, we were off for an 8k steady run. Now, my 5:45 to complete pace says a steady pace should be 8:59. I am proud to say, that even with a cold, and having just run 10k tempo last night, Kathy and I maintained a very relaxed and comfortable 8:38!! Kathy figures at this pace, we should be finishing our marathons between 5 and 5 1/2 hours. Perfect!!
Now home, and chilled to the bone (it's -6C out there now, but I still sweat so bad, I'm soaked to the skin by the time I get home), so I'm going to have a cup of tea and relax.
Starting the day by running around with my mother, getting some more tests down, and then home to work in the apartment and then Boot Camp. Really?? I'm on vacation???
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive