MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday group run, week 2

Up bright and early this morning, but it was after an almost 10 hour sleep! I was BAGGED last night, and finally gave up trying to stay awake at 9pm. And I wonder why I'm single?!
After a half a latte and a bowl of nutella/banana/coconut oatmeal, I headed down to Eau Claire to meet the group. Today I was going to have people to run the whole way with. What a concept!
The 'to finish' group consisted of myself, Kathy, Carrie and Barb. Kathy has done marathons, but I'm not sure about the other two. I know they've done halves, and Carrie is training for the Hypothermic Half coming up in a couple of weeks. It's sold out (of course), so I'm going to be a course Marshall and race support of some kind. That is after I've run 23km myself, of course!
We set out, and settled into a nice pace. In fact, I had to fight the feeling that we were going too slow! But my breathing was outstanding, and the ankle feels great. My hamstrings are cursing me out right now, but nothing a little extra stretching won't fix. Mr. Garmin (mine, like H-woman's is a man, because no woman would cause another female this much grief!!!) was doing great, until we reached the 12.38km marked. And then he went to have a nap or something!! He just stopped...don't know if he was too cold (under 3 layers, mind you) or if I sweat too much and he got wet, but needless to say, I had to calculate the final time and average pace, yet again!!! I hope Garrath does a session on Garmins, so that I can figure out why mine is giving me such grief this week. But, back to the run. Close as I can figure, we ran 16km in 2:27:14, or at 9:18/km. My heart rate averaged at 145 or 83% (which is awesome, cardio wise). Again, had to do some calculations, but figure I burned just over 1,000 calories.
After some good stretching back at base, I headed for home, as I really, really, really wanted the rest of my latte! A quick stop into Safeway, as I was out of contact solution, resulted in a few cans of cream of tomato soup, a loaf of Winnipeg rye and said solution. Lunch became a grilled cheese sandwich, cream of tomato soup with tomato chunks and dill, a glass of chocolate milk and some vitamin I!

Belly is full and happy, pain is subsiding, and the sidewalks are calling my name. I'll go out and get them cleaned up, and then come in and do some laundry. The sports gear is about to walk itself downstairs, so I figure I should get that done!
Still contemplating dinner (last night's turned into Epicure Roasted Red Pepper dip with feta, eaten with celery sticks and whole wheat pita), but I'm thinking something with sausage, lentils and involving a slow cooker. I'll see what I can come up with.
Details to follow.
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive