MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Frenzy

Got up bright and early (too early for a vacation day) at 7:30, and after a quick 1/2 a latte - I was so out of it, I forgot to put the lid on my espresso maker...you know, the part that keeps the steam IN, so that the precious, wonderful, elixir can come OUT?!?! Yeah...that part. Not a good start...realized that I also appear to have lost some time somewhere, so after gulping down a half a cup of OJ, I raced off to Mom's. We decided that today was the day that we were going to get her blood work, EKG, chest x-ray and bone density scan done. Picked her up at nine (she lives about 10km away), and headed off to the nearest clinic. It was busy, but not crazy. We waited roughly 20 minutes to get checked in (love THAT part) and then another 20 or so before Mom went back for the blood work and EKG. We were out in just under an hour.
Then we circled round to get to the radiology place. Finally found it - in a mall that has been around for a hundred years, and that I didn't even know really existed. Well, "mall" is the wrong word - it's a high-rise with professional wing, and all these odd little shops down the main foray - couple of clothing stores, a baby shop, typical corner grocer, drug store, etc. Who shops there?!? Anyway, got into the radiology place, only to find out that we needed an appointment. Hmmm...I swear the doctor said no appointment necessary, but whatever at this point. Luckily they had something in the afternoon, as I'm rapidly running out of vacation time/days! Decided to swing by the hospital (oh, yeah - my dad went into the hospital by ambulance late last night. I find this out picking mom up this morning...oy) to see if dad has been admitted yet, only to find out he was still in emergency. Mom went in and checked up on him, got her list of things to bring back, and we headed for their place.
Since it was just 11:30 at this point (and I was close to fainting from hunger) we decided to have some lunch. Let me describe my parent's usual lunch - 1 piece of cheddar cheese, 1 piece of Havarti cheese, 1 Brenton cracker, 1 slice of some kind of sausage, 1 small yogurt and a glass of milk. Hmmmm...following Atkins's, are we, mom?!?! By the way, part of the reason why we are doing the bone density scan and meeting up with a dietitian in a month is because my mother, who is 5'7" weighs 103 POUNDS!!! That was with clothes on!!!!!! Even the technician was taken aback by that number. ONE.HUNDRED.AND.THREE.POUNDS! I am almost double my mother, and only 3" taller...but I digress.
Anyway, got "lunch" out of the way, and returned to the radiology clinic for the rest of her tests. Luckily, we were in and out in under 30 minutes. I dropped her off at home, and told her to call me when she heard from either a) the hospital or b) my dad. I whipped home, inhaled a slice of bread (oh, precious carbs!) with some jam and cheese, and walked over to H-woman's to drop off a Tupperware order, and then popped into the new Tech Shop. They only moved across the street, but it's into bigger digs, and much nicer. And, for anyone interested, they sell the Sport Wash that Laura was talking about.
Got home, and this time inhaled a hummus, cucumber & orange pepper sandwich, before changing and heading off to Boot Camp. Where we got our butts KICKED!! Trainer Josh was in a mood...all I remember is that it involved a lot of running whilst carrying our weights (I'm lugging 16 pounds at this point), interspersed with lunges, squats, push-ups, plank, extensions, dips, sprints, etc. I think he just found this trail, and was happy that it was still light out for most of our class. All I know is that I may not be physically able to get dressed tomorrow morning!
Came home, called Mom (no word yet), called the hospital, found out what room he was in, went back and got Mom (all in all, I put over 100km on my car today alone), went to the hospital for a visit (he's in the COPD ward, which is a good sign, but they are really an unhealthy looking bunch!), got a new list of stuff to bring tomorrow, dropped mom off, spent a half an hour searching for something that was on dad's list before we found it and then came home. And realized that I haven't really eaten well today! And since it's after 9pm, I really didn't want to get into a big meal, either making it or eating it. So I opted for some scrambled egg-beaters and a couple of slices of toast. And made sure I had a vegetable in the form of a sliced tomato. Sorry, no pics...too hungry to take pictures!
I'm off to hit the sack shortly, as weight watchers calls tomorrow, and I'll be picking up H-woman at 6:55am. I remember when I used to sleep in...I miss those days...
Later,

2 comments:

H-woman said...

Yeah, but the early bird gets the worm! Mornings rock!!

H =)

Carol said...

Ttttthhhhhhhhbbbbbbbtttttttt!!
:)

Blog Archive