MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday highlights

Got up bright and early, and picked H. up to go for weigh-in. I was down 3.6 this morning (yes, ma-am!!!), so have now lost the Christmas pounds I found in December. Yay!
After grabbing a coffee at 'bucks, H. and J. headed off to the mountains for some x-country skiing, and I headed to E.'s to check out her house (on the river in Inglewood...I want her house!) and her puppy Sadie. Sadie is a very young (9 mo?) German Shepherd cross of some kind (although I think I see Border Collie in her) and was very, very, very excited to meet a new person. She was a sweetheart though, so I could only laugh when she tried to be a lap-dog and literally pulled her mother off her feet at one point! Hope E. is okay!
Came home, had some lunch (breakfast was a latte, a whole bunch of espresso and a breakfast sangie from 'bucks) of KD - yes, that's what I wanted, so that's what I ate. Not sure is relish can be considered a vegetable, but that was the only green that went in!
After a quick nap on the couch, I thought I'd better get moving if I was getting anything done today. After all, I had a 6k steady to push out. Instead, I decided to go for a walk. So I headed over to North Glenmore park and did a 6k power walk, out and back. Watched the coyote get closer (after hearing it) but made sure it stayed down at the bottom of the hill, while I stayed up top. No desire to go one-on-one with a wild beast today.
Came home, after stopping in at the store to pick up some fruit for this awesome fruit salad Faye had posted this morning, and then home to eat some pizza. I did buy a ready-made, but added some green pepper, tomato and olives to 'green' it up a bit. Then off to get Mom, to go visit Dad. Apparently he is running away from home, as we had to bring along his wheelie-chair thing, his oxygen tank (because goodness knows, HOSPITALS don't have oxygen tanks to spare), more clothes, creams, razors...the list went on and on. Of course, this would be the day that I stopped at the post office to pick up an Epicure order, and now I'm trying to fit all this other stuff in my car as well. Have I mentioned I drive a 2-door hatch back SPORTS CAR?!?! Argh!!! I do love my parents, but once again, why aren't either one of my brothers at least taking one of these shifts I ask??
So, dropped Mom off and came home, and now I'm sitting here wondering if getting really stinking drunk would be such a bad thing! It would...because I'll be up bright and early (in the snow and cold) to do a 16k run, and then meet up with a friend that I haven't seen since before Christmas. And then home to do some more cleaning and purging and then back to the hospital and then it's back to work on Monday. It'll be like I never left!
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive