MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday weigh in

Down 1 pound...yay.
Up bright and early for meeting, picking up H-woman a few minutes earlier than normal, to try and beat the rush. At least we made the whole meeting this time. Then we headed off for coffee, where's H's friend J. picked her up early - so I sat there alone, hoping someone else would show up! C. did, and we had a nice visit. Breakfast consisted of a non-fat latte, with my 5 extra shots, and oatmeal with raisins and nuts.
Then I popped into the office (forgot to email my spreadsheet journal home, as I won't be at work next week), changed and went for my 6km steady run. It was -9C, with a windchill of -17C...the snow was flying sideways!! I ran out 3, turned around and ran back. The path was in okay shape...most of it had been swept and salted, except for the last km (closest to the turnaround point) which just made the workout more challenging. It wasn't so much slippery, but you still had to watch where you put your feet, and therefore clench the butt a little tighter. It's all good, right?! Once I returned to the cleaned portion, I was really able to pick up the pace...
Garmin says: okay...side note here. I didn't hit stop, because the Garmin said my workout was complete, and I figured that's what I've been doing wrong. However, today, I ran 29km!!! Okay, so I drove 23 of them, but boy, my time sure looks good!!
So, manually figured out Garmin says:
6km
8:12/km average pace
49 minutes to complete
151 bpm, or 87% MHR
406 calories burned.
Was reminded during my run that even though I live in the heart of a large city, we're still very close to nature. Last week, it was the howls and yips of a pack of coyotes, near to where our boot camp is. Kind of freaky cool in the dark of night...listened to that one night during a camping trip a few years ago - didn't sleep a wink!

Last night it was the Great Horned Owl, cheering us on. Or sizing us up...not sure which!

Today, it was the Bald Eagle swooping by to have a look, while out hunting for some food. I love nature!
After a quick stop into Costco (on a Saturday...O.M.G. what was I thinking?!?!) to pick up contacts, I headed for home to eat lunch. I was HUNGRY! Ate the leftover Mexican chicken rice from Thursday, and now I'm thinking a wee nap is in order. Hasn't stopped snowing long enough for me to go shovel yet, so that will just have to wait till later.
Haven't decided what to do for supper yet, although given the weather, it should be something stewy or soupy like.
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive