MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Drinking group with a running problem

It turns out that's what my marathon clinic group is! After tonight's tempo run, everyone (ok, not everyone, but a large group) headed over to the local pub for a brew (and dinner for some) and some socializing. This is what I was looking for, as far as joining a group.
Day started out very early, as furbabies decided they were hungry/bored/hungry/angry-at-each-other/bored at 4am! I finally gave up at 5:30 (this is even after getting up and feeding them, at which point George turned up his nose and walked away - good thing he's cute!), got up and got ready for work.
It was a hard day, work wise, as I am updating data in a very archaic program that literally involves me entering each line of data. The databases are currently each about 7 pages long, printed out, and I have to update about 100 lines of data in each, and there are 3 databases in total. Oh, and have I mentioned that I am NOT IT?!?! But no one else will touch this, deciding it was my 'baby'. Oy...got it all done (it's also very tiny print, and requires me to wear my readers while looking at the computer screen - I went home with a killer headache). Breakfast was the usual nutella/banana/coconut mixture, but sadly, I am out of nutella now! I'll make do with almond butter tomorrow, but I do have to get to the store at some point. Lunch involved a little walk down the block - no run, as I knew Wednesday group was running a 10km tempo - and then back to the office. I made a meatloaf sandwich, on rye and had a side salad of romaine, tomato, red pepper and mushrooms. Wasn't quite enough, so I did go downstairs and get a bowl of clam chowder. It was "creamy" or was it??? In fact, the ingredients list (our deli lists the ingredients on their website, but not the nutritional info) showed that it was a roux, with no cream involved. Tasty.
Finished work and headed for home. Quick dinner of Greek Salad (just tomato, yellow pepper, cucumber & feta, with Renee's dressing) and a whole wheat pita from the Greek Ladies, with some hummus. Rushed off to run club, hoping that my Greek decision wouldn't come back to bite me. I am happy to report that it didn't. I did take pictures, but honestly, am too tired to post them. Perhaps tomorrow, since that's what I plan on having for lunch!
I was a little apprehensive about the tempo run tonight...after all, I have not run further than 6km (after yesterday) without taking walking breaks, and as a tempo, we're not encouraged to do that. However, Garrath announced that he had a new pacer just for me (a 'to finish' pacer), and we took off behind everyone else. K. rocks!!! We maintained a steady 8:31/km pace and finished the 10km, only stopping once so K. could tie her shoelaces! I just ran 10km without stopping!!! HOLY MOLY!!!! Legs felt great, lungs felt great, body felt great! We talked the entire way (I can also never do that, always gasping for breathe) and I found out she works with some of the people that I did Boot Camp with last year. Sunday runs are going to be awesome! She did the Kelowna marathon in October and rocked out a 5:28 pace, so I'm happy to train with her...that's my goal for a marathon this year.
After we got back to the Running Room, where our leader Garrath was still waiting for us (wow...), and stretched, everyone kept asking if I was coming for beers...we do that??? Okay! Went across the street and enjoyed a pint of Guinness. Everyone else had something to eat, but I decided to stick to the Irish meal-in-a-glass!
Home now, and despite my eyes closing at regular intervals, I wanted to update the blog and my running stats.
Now I am going down the hall to crash!
Happy Hump Day...
Later,

2 comments:

Amber said...

That's awesome! Great job! It's so much nicer to run WITH someone, hey :)

Carol said...

Yeah, I could totally tell the difference, as tonight I ran alone...again. My new pacer has to work on Thursdays, but I will get faster! This I vow!!!

Blog Archive