MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, January 15, 2010

TGIF

Spent the day recovering from last night's pace run. Ankle still feels good, but both feet were sore first thing this morning. I decided to fully take the day off, and did not go to Boot Camp. The new schedule starts next week.
Since it's Friday, and I do heart Starbucks, I don't bother packing breakfast or lunch. Breakfast today was my usual vente non-fat latte, but since I have 5 shots of espresso, as opposed to the usual 2 (yes, that's right...there's only 2 shots in a vente drink!), the milk is reduced even further, so I count it as 2 pts. I also enjoyed a raspberry wheat scone, but not as much as the lemon cranberry, especially when there's only a 1 point difference. Ten points for a scone is harsh, but it's once a week, if that.
Since today was an 'off' day, I joined the fellas for lunch at the local food court (who all questioned what the heck I was doing when I pulled the camera out of my purse! They would not let me take snaps of them though...sorry...). Not too much in the way of choices here: a sandwich deli, Subway, a Korean place, an Indian place, Jugo Juice, Pita Pit, A&W, a Japanese place and a Chinese place. I went for the safe bet, and got a 6" roast chicken on whole wheat, with cheese & mustard and loads of lettuce, tomato, pickles and hot pickled peppers. Six points. Skipped the bag of chips and/or cookie.

Got back to the office, and after about an hour (and half of my water bottle gone) I decided I was still hungry. Headed downstairs, and bought one of the last bowls of soup left for the day. It was a creamy tomato, but also had a ton of vegetables in it. That filled the hole quite nicely.
Finished the day, with two last minute requests almost completed, and now are pending first thing Monday - one from my new boss and one from a former that retired and now consults for our company. Walked home in nice, albeit breezy weather (wind gusts of 70km an hour!) and after feeding the furbabies, and changing into very comfy clothes, I made my Friday go-to dinner of lemon carbinara pasta and artichoke "salad". The artichoke salad consisted of a jar of water packed artichoke hearts marinated in a tsp of evoo, white wine vinegar and Epicure Roasted Red Pepper dip mix. At the last minute, I added three small roasted red peppers (again, packed in water) to it, to add some more colour and texture. For the pasta, while whole wheat linguine cooked, I whisked together one egg and the juice of one lemon. Once the pasta was cooked, I drained it, reserving about a tbsp of the water, and put the pasta and water in the pot. Pour in the egg mixture, and very quickly, start stirring. The heat from the pot and the pasta will cook the egg, but you have to keep stirring, otherwise you end up with scrambled egg pasta, instead of it turning into a smooth, velvety sauce. Toss in a little bit of parsley and some Parmesan, and BAM, dinner is done!

Looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow, both WW and X-weighted (crazy, I know!). I've got almost 6 hours of exercise time recorded, with the ratio between intense (you should see me sweat at Boot Camp!) and moderate almost evenly split. Because it's not really exercise to me, I don't count my walk to & from work every day, since it's something I've done every day for the last (almost) 10 years. But I did measure it once with my Garmin, and I walk a total of 3.7km 5 days a week. That's almost another 20km a week. Wow.
Really, really looking forward to coffee with the girls, as it looks like all of us will make an appearance! This will be the first time since the beginning of December, I think. Then hopefully H-woman and I will make a run to the Farmer's Market, as that's been since November or even earlier...I am desperate for some good, fresh vegetables. Writing out the list, even as I type. Then I've got to get in a 6km steady run, and prepare for my first clinic group run on Sunday, a long-slow distance of 13km. I'm a little nervous about that, but even if it means I trot in on my own behind every one else, so be it. I have a Garmin; I can set it for 10:1's and I can aim for a good, even pace.
The couch is calling me name, everyone, really it is!
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive