MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, January 22, 2010

Finally Friday

It's been a long week, and I for one am ready for the weekend. Since it was my last day for a week (not going anywhere...just have some stuff to do around the house), I spent the day tidying up the desk. Forgot to send my spreadsheet journal home, so I'll pop in the office tomorrow and do that. And maybe while I'm down there, I'll head out for my 6k steady. At least I know the paths that way.
Breakfast, since it's Friday, was a non-fat, 5-shot, extra hot latte and a lemon cranberry scone. Not the greatest choice, since it's very white but I do so enjoy it's tartness. And since when did Starbucks extra shots go up $.20?!? That's a 37% increase! Holy...I may have to cut back. Sad for me...
Wolfed breakfast down a little quickly, as I had to leave the office at 7:45am to get to my dental cleaning by 8. Okay...I'll admit it...flossing appears to be a good thing. Sigh... My gums are healthier (although the mouth breathing isn't helping the front), she didn't have to stand on my chest to get all the plaque off, and she didn't cluck her tongue in disgust, not even once! And while I do need to get a filling repaired, no cavities! Got back from that around 9:30, and then was out the door again at 11:15, for my 11:30 chiro appointment. I hardly felt like I was at the office at all this morning! Good news from chiro...while the tendon is still "firm", it appears to be loosening (even after 1 boot camp and 37kms this week) and I don't have to go back for a full two weeks! This is huge, since I was going twice a week for the longest time.
Got back to the office and bought a veggie sandwich (cucumber, tomato, lettuce and cheese on ciabatta) with a bowl of Italian vegetable soup (it's a soup kind of day in Calgary - snowing, foggy and cold!), chock full of veggies. Yummy.
Worked the rest of the afternoon, and then it was set the "out of office" and I was outta there! Came home, changed and headed off for boot camp. It was even colder down by the river, I tells ya, but there were 6 of us hardy souls out for a butt-kickin! Trainer Josh was there tonight, and he worked us good. Started with a 2km run to warm up, and then right into the shoulder presses, lunges, squats (oh, so many squats!), bicep curls, kick-backs, rows, extensions...the list goes on and on. And in between all of these sets?? Run, sprint, high-knees, jumping jacks, butt kicks...anything to keep the heart rate up and the blood pumping. Did I mention it was cold (-9C)...the owl kept us entertained with all his hooting though. Very surreal coming through the night air like that.
Headed for home, changed (yet again) and made my usual Friday night fare. Lemony carbanara on whole wheat penne, and artichokes/roasted red peppers on the side. I decided I need to heat the veggies (still cold), so I tossed them in a pot with some Balsamic Fig dressing, and heated that till the sauce reduced. Meanwhile, I tossed the pasta with a beaten egg & lemon juice, still the sauce formed, and topped it with some grated parm. Once the veggies were nice and hot, I topped them with some goat cheese that I had in the fridge. A very tasty meal, indeed.

It's nearing my bedtime, especially if I'm picking up H-woman even earlier than normal, to avoid the seasonal rush at Weight Watchers.
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive