MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Weekend wind down

Ended up walking to the grocery store after a brief nap on the couch. That was after I had a bite to eat for lunch. This is from M&M's, and it was an okay 4 points for a bowl of nice, flavourful French Onion soup with cheese and the soggy bread (which wasn't too bad, as there wasn't much). And considering it starts out as a frozen block that you put in a bowl (yes, I actually have French Onion bowls...and escargot bowls...and every other kitchen gadget/bowl/device that you can think of!) and put it in the oven to bake, it's pretty darn simple too. I needed it to warm up after the chilly -10C 2 hour run this morning.
After carrying a lot of groceries home (I think I may have been a Sherpa in a past life!), I made some dinner. I had some taco shells, and some avocados, so I decided it was taco night. I used veal scallopini, since it's already sliced so nice and thin, and every colour of pepper I had in my fridge. Mashed an avocado with the juice of half a lime (the other half went on the veal) and added some Epicure Guacamole dip mix. Tossed the peppers, onion, veal and Epicure Fajita spice blend together, and let it cook through, browning the onions and peppers. Topped with some salsa (sorry, not Epicure, but it's just as good!), the guac, some lettuce, light sour cream and shredded cheese, and I had an outstanding dinner. And yes, that's an Epicure frying pan that dinner cooked in!
Been planning out the rest of the evening, trying to figure out what I need to get ready for tomorrow's Epicure tasting at lunch. Just can't get into it, so I may go to bed and try first thing in the morning. Except I'm also not much of a morning person! So I'd best get at it. Just have to load up the catalogues, order forms, float, new products and then prepare the food samples. The hardest part will be the meatloaf, as I'm making meatballs for tasting purposes. Just easier to transport and keep hot in a slow cooker than an actual loaf would be.
Managed to enter my weigh-in finally for X-weighted, and happy to report a 3 pound loss this week. Yahoo! I also like the 8+ hours of activity that I recorded this week. That should be the norm, given Boot Camp and running clinic. I just need to figure out why hitting goal is important to me, and what's kept me from doing just that in the past, although I'm going with fear. Fear of having to face the world without a wall of fat to hide behind.
Okay, after some cuddles from Miss Coco, I'm off to the kitchen.

Side note...the kids are fighting right now. I can hear them through-out the apartment, and it appears that they are scrapping over who gets to sleep on my sweatshirt. I guess I should get in there and see if I still have two cats left!
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive