MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The day after

OOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE........
Good thing Trainer Josh said he'd take it easy on us, since it's the first day back after the holidays. My teeth hurt today! But it is a good pain! I like the pain of stiff muscles, because that tells me I've work. Now when the pain is associated with redness and swelling, that is bad. And thankfully I don't have any of that.
After rediscovering my ab, inner thigh and butt muscles this morning, I walked into work. Breakfast was the usual oatmeal concoction (not tired of it yet), with a turkey meatloaf sandwich waiting for me for lunch. I have to come up with something to jazz it up tomorrow.
Marathon training, which started on Sunday, dictated a 6km tempo run today. The goal of a tempo run is to maintain a heart rate in the 80% range of your maximum for 20-30 minutes. Granted, I am not at the speed to run 6km in 30 minutes, but I was willing to give it my all. I headed east from the office, going under the Centre St Bridge, down to Langevin (4th St E), crossing the river (this is the first point I walked, roughly 1.5km into the run), and returning all the way to 10th St W. Again, I allowed a brief walk (doing my best to maintain a good pace) at 3rd St W, before running to 10th St. Crossed the river again (and walked half way) before running it back in to the finish. I did have to do a weird little loop of the building in order to hit 6, but that's fine. I am pleased with my numbers, and more importantly, how good my foot/ankle felt. Took 49:35 to run 6km, averaging 8:16/km (fastest yet) and maintaining an average HR of 159 (still high at 91%). Also burned off 389 calories.
Went to the chiropractor after work, and after a quick session, he determined that I don't need to see him for about 10 days. Walked home, and whipped into Safeway for some apples, celery, mushrooms (for supper tomorrow) and milk. Finished the walk home (still feeling good!), and started supper.
Actually the chicken was marinating since last night in evoo and Epicure souvlaki seasoning. In order to not c"cook" the chicken, I didn't add the lemon juice until today. Made a salad of green pepper, grape tomatoes, cucumber, kalamata olives and feta cheese. Then I cooked up some orzo pasta to eat on the side. Whole wheat pita and homemade tzatiki (plain yogurt, garlic, cucumber and lemon juice) rounded out the meal.
Oh, and keep an eye on those food labels. The Safeway Eating Right brand of multigrain pita is higher in fat, calories and lower in fibre than good old Safeway Brand whole wheat ones! Good to know. Ate dinner, and am drinking back some water, to offset the salty (but GOOD) olives.
I've already earned 3:21 minutes in activity for the X-weighted Challenge, and will earn even more tomorrow, between the 6km run and Boot Camp. That's if I can get my butt out of the bed, of course.
I am beat...there is no other way to describe it, so I think I'm going to clean up and hit the sack. I was awake for no reason in the middle of the night (menopause popping in for a visit?? I freaking hope not!!) before managing to fall back asleep. But since I got home, I've been barely able to keep my eyes open, even dozing off during the 6 o'clock news!
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive