MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday recap

The tenth day of January already...wow. Unbelievable...
Dinner from last night: brown rice cooked with some wild rice (for even more fiber) and some Epicure Herb & Garlic dip mix. Roasted some spinach with grape tomatoes in evoo and balsamic vinegar, just till the tomatoes started to split. Lastly, a piece of salmon from M&M meats (herb & garlic, hence the rice), which was easy-peasy to cook (unwrap from package, place in oven). I was planning on making tonight's dinner last night, but didn't have one key ingredient and didn't feel like going out to get it! Hence reaching into the freezer and improvising.

Slept in today till 10, after a Medium marathon last night - I have the whole season on my PVR - made for odd dreams, I tell you. It was glorious though, even with the usual 5:30am wake-up to feed the furbabies. Puttered around, tried my new espresso maker (like my old one way better, although this one steams the milk, while my old one doesn't), had some kashi, banana and almond milk for breakfast, and after much debating and delaying, finally got my butt out the door for a run. Goal today - 10km. Walked to my usual starting point, which is about a klick from my house. Then, after walking the nasty, treacherous bridge, which the City hasn't shoveled in FOREVER, I started to run. Realized that the Garmin was set for the distance, and not for run/walk pacing, so I just kept my eye on the time, and tried to walk when 10 minutes had passed. It was a lovely day for a run, although I'm still happy I wore a light coat over my shirt...I would have chilled up quickly. Isn't perspective funny? I'm thinking it's almost too warm, at +6C (43F) while Caitlin ran her first marathon in the Disney Marathon in Orlando, thinking they were going to freeze to death in a chilly 19F or -7C. Wow, Calgary, Alberta was warmer than Orlando, Florida. Yikes!!!
I tried to maintain a good steady pace while running today, as this will have been the longest I've run since Melissa's on September 26th. Felt good...my butt hurt, but I think that had more to do with the X-weighted Fitness Challenge yesterday! This does not bode well for what Trainer Josh is going to do to me tomorrow! Uh-oh!! Ran 5km out, totally forgetting that in order to hit the magic 5 number, you have to run up a big-assed hill!!!! I walked it...really concentrated on pushing off on my toes, feeling the full flexibility through both feet and up the legs. Hit the 5 mark and turned around. Ran down the hill, but slowly, as it was still snow covered, and icy in some spots. Headed for home, this time challenging myself not to run for 10 minutes but to get to certain landmarks. In other words, from the hill to the foot bridge where you have to walk anyway, and then run until I hit the edge of the neighbourhood that surrounds the park. Which, by the way, if one can afford the $1mm+ homes in that area, surely to goodness one can afford snow removal!!! But I digress...after walking for a minute, I then ran to the next river crossing, walked a minute, ran to the next neighbourhood, and then ran to the end.
Garmin says:
1:32:41
9.16/km
603 calories
162 bpm or 93% of maximum. Need to focus on lowering this, as a good cardio burn is roughly 80%.
Stopped in at Safeway on the cool-down walk home (again, 1km) and picked up what I needed for tonight's supper. I also picked up something for lunch (sushi), 1% chocolate milk (recovery fuel) and other stuff...somehow I managed to spend $50 on cheese and brussel sprouts!!!
Came home, ate, checked in with the parents (they are still alive) and made supper. Italian meatloaf: ground turkey, eggs, breadcrumbs, milk, Epicure Pesto & Sun dried Tomato dip mix, marinara sauce (made with diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and Epicure Marinara sauce blend) and mozzarella cheese. I also shredded a carrot and added that, for extra veggie goodness. I did brown the top a little too much, but I LOVE chewy cheese, so it's not all bad. Rounded out dinner with some whole wheat penne pasta, and the marinara sauce and oven roasted brussel sprouts (just evoo & salt). I now sit here, extremely satisfied.

Lunch is ready for tomorrow (leftovers) and I'll whip breakfast up in the morning (oatmeal with banana, nutella & coconut).
Can't believe it's almost 9 pm already. Okay, must start shutting things down and heading for bed. I have to get my gear ready for boot camp tomorrow afternoon as well. I seriously can not wait!!
Later,

1 comment:

Amber said...

Haha that's really funny that it's warmer up here than in flippin FLORIDA!!!! It was warmer in Calgary then Kamloops this weekend too, we still had below 0 temps!

Blog Archive