MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, January 3, 2010

And so begins the new 'tude

I don't know how or why, especially since I went to be at 10:30 last night, but I slept till 10 this morning! Guess I needed it, although we did have our usual break in sleeping at 5:30 to feed the kids. George knows exactly when breakfast is!!
Got up, made a latte and a bowl of kashi whole wheat squares with a 'nana and some milk. No pics...sorry. After fully waking up, I got dressed in running gear, drove over to H-woman's to feed Nermal (her mommie will be home tonight), and leaving my car there, went for a run. Still cold today (-14C with a -22C windchill) but with the sun shining, it was a very gorgeous day for a run. Ended up taking off my gloves, but it definitely wasn't warm enough to run in shorts, dude!
Did the usual path, same as yesterday, but managed to shave a minute or so off my time. Yay! Legs actually felt good today too...not stiff and heavy like yesterday. I really do love running in the winter though, as it's so freaking gorgeous everywhere!
Seriously, how could you not like running in this?? So peaceful too...and the slippery paths add that extra butt workout we're always looking for! Got back to the car, rather sweaty - remember, it's -14C out there!! Imagine what I'd look like in +14 weather!! I actually had to blow dry my hair when I got home.
Changed into warm, dry clothes, and now I am going to enjoy a bowl of beef barley stoup (with carrots, celery, onions, roasted garlic and tomatoes). I call it stoup, as there's not enough broth to be soup, but not gravied up like a stew...so stoup it is! Then some puttering around, and getting ready for a return to normalcy. It's going to be hard to work 5 whole days in a row next week!
Printed off my training schedule for a 5:00 marathon (I'm really aiming for 5:30, but the Running Room didn't have that option), so training officially begins next Sunday with a 10km LSD. Bring it on!!
As a side note, while tidying my living room, I came across a writing journal. Opened it up to find all of two entries in it (I sucked at journalling my thoughts, until blogger land!), from January 1st and 2nd last year. Suffice to say, they were pretty much exactly what I said this year, so really...enough is enough. I want off this ride, and since I'm the only one who has the power to do that, here goes!! Bring on 2010!!!
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive