MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, January 11, 2010

Boot Camp Bliss!

All day, it's all I could think about...Boot Camp starts tonight! Yay!!
Doesn't everyone look happy?! That's Trainer Josh in black! And yes...that is a big ol' pile of snow that we were working out in!!
Started the day late...furbabies woke me up at 4:15 hungry, so I got up and gave them both a nibble. Then I couldn't fall back asleep until, of course, just before the alarm went off at 5:30! Typical...exhausted, I hit snooze, and did such a successful job that I slept quite nicely till 6:20. Have I mentioned that I start work at 7?! I ended up getting in about 20 minutes late, but I have a very awesome boss. She knows I get my job done, and done right, so she doesn't freak out about start/finish times.
Breakfast was banana-nutella-coconut oatmeal, which is just what I needed. I was HUNGRY this morning.
Since Monday is an off day, I worked a bit through lunch (still felt guilty about coming in late) and then went for a quick little walk through the park. It's such a shame to waste a beautiful day in January, and the sun was shining and the temp about +7C.
Lunch was leftovers from last night. Whole wheat penne, marinara sauce, turkey meatloaf and some green salad (ate all the brussel sprouts last night).
Then I began to bounce...I was very excited and looking forward to returning to Boot Camp! Finally it was time to leave (I felt like a kid at school, waiting for that bell to ring), and I raced home, changed, grabbed my gear and headed out.
It turned out to be a big group, but mostly all regulars, although there were a couple of faces I didn't recognize. We started with a nice run to warm up (class starts at 5, so the sun is starting to set, with the temperature dropping), which I managed to run the whole time (roughly 2km). Then we grabbed our weights and reintroduced ourselves to lunges, squats, flies, curls, kick-backs, overhead extensions, push-ups, dips, crunches, obliques, etc. About halfway through, Josh had us sprinting, with "rest" periods of squats. I think the highlight was stamping out a patch in the snow (still about 8-10" deep) and laying down our mats to do the ab work! Already feeling body parts seizing. Yay!!!!!
Came home famished (and realized that I left my water bottle sitting out on the table in Edworthy park...crap), so I whipped up a very quick dinner of fresh canned salmon (caught and canned by our company owner - okay, professionally canned at the fishing lodge, but still) mixed with capers, green onions, celery and light Miracle Whip. I spread that on rye bread and toasted it with a slice of skim mozzarella, and served it beside a carrot and some cucumber. Quick and satisfying.

Must intake some more water, and then hit the sack. I've got 6km to run at lunch tomorrow, so hopefully all the muscles are cooperating.
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive