MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Is it Friday yet??

Man, I am bagged! Of course, if I actually went to bed at a decent time (for the 5:30am alarm), I'd probably feel better.
It was a long day, starting with the effects of the over-eating at dinner last night. Rings that are normally close to falling off were actually hard to get on this morning! Uh-oh...bring on the water!
Was going to run at lunch, even packed all my gear into work, but looking outside just depressed the crap out of me. Snowing, again, and windy, again, and cold, again! You'd think I'd be used to by now, but the last thing I wanted to do was to change and go out and get all wet and colder. I did end up walking though, as one of my coworkers wanted to go to MEC (Mountain Equipment Coop). It's almost as far to my house, so it was a good walk there and back. And M. is slightly hyper, so I "ran" to keep up with him! Bonus from the walk was the extra butt workout, trying to stay upright in all the lose and slippery snow. Lunch was leftover black beans & rice (a normal sized serving) and green salad with cherry tomatoes. No dressing, because I actually like the taste of plain romaine lettuce. Snacked on an apple with some almond butter later, and then came home to shovel the sidewalks. Have I mentioned how very tired I am of doing that?!?! Sadly, it kept snowing too, so I finished, turned around and burst into tears as the sidewalks are practically the way they were before I started!!! ARGH!!
Came in, and after whipping up a quick treat for tonight's Epicure unit meeting (I'm a consultant), I also whipped up a really fast, tasty dinner. I mixed two eggs, some water and some Epicure Roasted Red Pepper dip mix together and let it sit while I heated up my new funky little omelet pan. When it was nice and warm, I poured the egg mixture in, and closed the top. Once the egg set up a little, I crumbled in an ounce of plain goat cheese, and closing the lid, locked it and flipped the pan over. It really makes a perfect little omelet!


Drove scary streets (even with winter tires) all the way down to my unit leader's house (about 32km from me). I don't go to these very often (I love being a consultant, but hate the whole "link arms and sing songs of support" approach to the business), so of course the weather has to be totally crappy tonight to make the drive that much worse. I took Cheddar Crisps with the Epicure Red Pepper Jelly as my treat. Someone made a meatloaf with our new Meatloaf Seasoning, and that was wicked good. Now I want to make one. After discussing how to have our best year yet (our group, albeit 3,000+ strong, made $12,600,000 in sales last year!!!), while I'd just be happy to have a party every month. Over $12 million dollars...un-freaking-believable. I most certainly did not make that much! LOL!!
Stopped at Safeway to pick up some much needed groceries, and then came home, unpacked them and settled down with a cup of vanilla coffee. Now I am yawning so much that the top of my head is disappearing! Think that means it's time for bed.
It's supposed to be cold again tomorrow (SHOCKING!), but the Chinook is coming...these weather people better not be lying, I tell you! They're teasing me with +8C by Saturday...oh, glorious warmth, I miss thee... I'd like to run in + temps again.
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive