MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tempo run

After everyone getting over the shock of seeing the new me - my pace bunny didn't recognize me at first, and Garrath kept looking at me sideways before he figured it out - we headed out for our 10km Tempo run. For my tempo, to finish, we should be averaging a pace of 8:09/km. Which we did achieve a couple of times...we're supposed to warm up for 2 km, but we started running with Garrath, so started fast! Well, fast for us (8:15)...there was also a new girl running with us tonight, and I think she's trying to run a 5 hr marathon - I was gasping a few times, just trying to keep up. But I held my own and once again, did not stop or a take a walk break. Okay, there was the one time we stopped, because my pace bunny has "Runner's Montezuma"...an affliction I have heard way too much about lately!!! I don't like thinking about my own bowels, honey...I don't need to hear about yours. Anyway, we stopped our watches so she could clamber down into the trees, and I looked off at the stars doing my best to think happy thoughts. I, by the way, have an incredibly weak stomach for stuff like this...I was proud that I kept my dinner where it belonged, but it was a struggle a couple of times!
Finished the run at 1:24, or an average pace of 8:28/km, burning 659 calories along the way! Yay me!
Stopped into the local pub for a pint - it has restorative qualities, I'm sure, and then home. I must remember to throw a dry shirt into the car to quickly change in to though, as I sat there shaking - it may be -7C with a -13C windchill, but I am still soaked to the skin by the time I am done the run. And I actually had pieces of ice in my hair tonight! Too funny.
The day was quiet - puttered in the living room, and hauled some garbage, boxed up some cardboard to go to recycling (I love selling Epicure, but man, the waste is embarrassing), and had some lunch. Breakfast was a latte, a bowl of Kashi and some almond milk. Lunch was leftover Thai Green Curry on brown rice, although I didn't eat all the rice. Then I headed off to the hair-dressers, not returning for 3 hours! It takes a long time to strip black out of hair and replace it with blond. Good thing I'm on vacation.
Came home, and threw some dinner together - I still had leftover vegetables from last night, so i tossed them back in the pan, and added some more oyster sauce, and then a handful of prawns. I then boiled off some rice noodles, and threw that in the pan as well. It was fast and delicious, because suddenly it was after 5 and I had to get to run club.
So now I sit here, trying to decide if I should eat - I still have some points - or if I'm even hungry. Maybe a glass of milk and then to bed. I'm cold and tired right now.
No big plans for tomorrow, except maybe I'll get the living room organized finally. Baby steps, right?
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive