MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, January 2, 2010

First weigh in of 2010

Gulp...
197.6
There it is...guess I had a good time over the holidays, huh??? I did give myself permission to gain, but not quite this much. This is far too close to that other number that I struggled so long to get under.
It was goal making day today at meeting (which was surprisingly quiet - hope this trend doesn't continue, as there's rumblings of cancelling the meeting), so we set long term and short term goals.
Short term #1: lose 5% of my current weight (9.88 lbs to be exact) by my birthday (Feb 21st).
I will do this by journalling every day (if I bite it, I write it), resume bootcamp (January 11th, I think) and stay within my daily points allowance.
Short term #2: break a 5 1/2 hour marathon at Windemere in May.
I will do this by training with the marathon group at the Running Room, and sticking to the Sunday long runs with the group. The weight loss will help with the time as well.
Long term: I WILL reach goal weight this year, by July 1st (25 weeks away - plenty o' time). I will lose the 27.6 pounds to reach my goal weight of 174. Actually, that's just my WW goal (top of the range) - my personal goal is 170 (need a buffer, because once there, I am never, ever, ever paying for meeting again!)
I will do this by sticking to my short term goals, carefully staying within daily points, using my weekly allowance and exercise points when needed. I will drink water every day. I will get more than 5 or 6 hours of sleep a night (this is also very important for weight loss). And I will enjoy every single day of my life...if I don't enjoy it, I won't do it, will I???
Now on with my day. After meeting, I gassed up the car and headed over to H-woman's for my morning snuggle and chat with Nermal - she's been very chatty and rubs and purrs and pratts and is just so darn cute! I made a Green Monster before I headed up to meeting (man, I hate having to get up at 6am on a Saturday), so that was breakfast. Used my new cup from Starbucks (thank you, H-woman), which kept it all nice and icy cold, while keeping my hands dry and warm. Coolio! After feeding Nermal, I came home, put my jammies back on and WENT BACK TO BED! I was beat!! Slept for 3 glorious hours.
Got up, finally made a coffee and a roast beef sandwich, on the last crusty bun (out, damn buns, out!), just now realizing I forgot to take a picture of it. Going to use the last little bit of roast and make a beef n' barley soup for supper tonight.
After I finish my coffee, I'm going to put on some running gear and go for a run. Just do it, right?? The sun is shining, and I think it's warming up to -14C out there! It's practically a heat-wave!
Later,
Will report details later.

No comments:

Blog Archive