MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, March 11, 2010

When physio is fun

Our guest speaker at clinic tonight was a lady physiotherapist that I have known personally for roughly 15 years, yet who I've never used professionally! A friend of a friend, I've been to her house for dinner, chatted over coffee and gone to the theatre with, but I've never stepped foot in her clinic. How funny is that?
Tonight she discussed runner's injuries and how she pinpoints the problem. Since I have my wonky foot, I got up to be an example for everyone to see...what did I learn? That my hips are good, but my shins are tight; that my Achilles tendon pulls to the side; that it's good that I have orthotics and that my knees turn in when I try to stretch out my calves. What it boiled down to is that I am going to concentrate more on stretching after the runs...and I know where to find M. when I need her!
We ended clinic with a 10km run, and since my group has been seriously depleted (one quit the clinic and another is injured) and my pace bunny was working, I ran with the 4:45 lady. All I know is that I have achieved a negative split, the first time ever, and I ran 10km (the last 2 on my own, as the other lady only wanted to do 8 tonight...didn't know that was an option!) in just over 1:16, which is the fastest time in FOREVER!
1
07:32.8
2
08:01.6
3
08:02.9
4
07:52.0
5
07:33.6
6
07:21.5
7
07:14.0
8
07:17.0
9
07:37.1
10
07:29.8
Dinner was a sort of poutine. I sliced and roasted a potato, till it was golden brown. Then I topped it with some 1% cottage cheese (closest thing to curds I had) and Epicure gravy. To up the protein factor, I did have two low-fat wieners with mustard. I had a lot of veggies at lunch, so I didn't feel so bad to slacking at dinner time.
Having some water right now, and then it's time to start winding down for bed. I was so tired last night that I slept like the dead, but that alarm went off way too early! I need to be in bed even earlier tonight, and try to get caught up.
It's almost the weekend, and I'm only working 4 hours tomorrow, so I can take my mother to yet another doctor's appointment. But it's supposed to be a nice day, so I'll be sure to enjoy the day, regardless of where I am.
Later,

1 comment:

H-woman said...

Good luck tomorrow!

H =)

Blog Archive