MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Field trip

Today, 80 "weirdos" walked from the Running Room in Eau Claire to the train station, and after patiently waiting, we got on the southbound train, heading for the Fish Creek station. Once there, we all got off and walked over the highway (McLeod Trail aka Highway 2) to the park entrance. And then the fun really started...our long, slow was taking us from Fish Creek Park to Eau Claire, following the Bow River pathway (the route in blue).
Good news...it was a perfect day for a run. Started off at -4C, but the sun was shining the whole time, and right now it's +12C. Glad I just went out with a long-sleeved technical with a short sleeve and a vest over top. And capris...so nice to be running in capris again!
Pace was good, although my group is down to just K. and myself...everyone else is injured or AWOL. We were going strong until about the 15km mark when we got lost...not our fault though! There was construction that had the pathways closed, so we ended up running through a neighbourhood, trying to connect back with the path and the river. Finally found a way, but through said construction site, and now I am mud up to my butt!!! But we got through (some groups went 3+ km out of their way) and finished up. My lower back started to seize at about km 20, which made the remaining 9 very slow and painful. But we finished (and finished at 29, and walked the remaining 1.5km into base) at a respectable 4:17, average 8:55/km (training pace is 8:59-10, so I'm happy). Burned off 1731 calories, so I inhaled a chocolate milk with nary a care in the world! It was sooooooo good.
I'm now home, trying to stretch out my back (it keeps seizing) and am about to jump in the shower to see if that'll do the trick. I am officially bagged...I may or may not make it through the Oscars tonight, but since I haven't really seen much, not sure if I even care.
I do need to hobble over to Safeway (the walk will do me good) to pick up bananas, nutella and milk, to get me through the week ahead. My goal is to pack breakfast and lunch every day, so I need to be prepared. Even though I ate out a lot this week, I still managed to lose 1.6 pounds, but that 50 is looming in front of me, and I want the ring!
Have a great week...I also hope to get back into food pics as well...maybe even a running pic or two. Who knows what surprises I have up my sleeves!
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive