MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Slow day

Up bright and early, but not nearly as early as Saturdays used to be. In fact, I set the alarm for the same time that the Dalhousie WW meetings would be OVER! Got up, tried to get George to eat anything (man, he's one picky cat!) so that I could give him his insulin, and decided that I needed to go to the vet to get some different food for him to try.
Picked up H-woman, and made it down to the Fish Creek WW meeting with plenty of time to spare. It is a busy meeting though, so I think we'll err on the side of caution and arrive early. I must remember to toss some Larabars or the like in my purse though, as it's a loooooonnnngggg time till breakfast...I mean really, who eats BEFORE weigh-in?! I was down another 1.6 this week, and am within spitting distance of the big 5-0!! Next week, maybe?!
Met up with E. and C. at Starbucks, although yesterday we thought it would be awesome to bask in the sunlight of the rooftop patio...after all, it was +9C and sunny yesterday...it was snowing on the way to Fish Creek this morning (just a skiff) and -1C. No rooftop patio for us! Didn't really warm up, but at least it stopped snowing. Breakfast was a 5-shot non-fat latte and the ham & egg sandwich. That held me over till I got home later, when I popped some of my beef samosas in the toaster oven, and served them up with aqua and Liberte Greek yogurt! Yay!!! Found it here at Coop, in case anyone is wondering. It cut the spiciness of the samosas just right. I was still a little noshy, so I sliced up some strawberries, sprinkled on some vanilla sugar and some more the yogurt. That did the trick. I then walked over to the vets to get some more food for Mr. Picky-pants, which turned out to be a nice walk. Not overly warm, but still nice. My one foot was bothering me this morning (I did twist it up a bit on the hill from hell last night) so the walk helped to loosen it up a bit. Feels much better now.

Went to have a lay down on the couch when I got home, but there were two furbabies taking up the whole thing, so I decided to go to bed. Rolled over 2 hours later, quite refreshed. I HEART Saturday afternoon naps!
Tried the new food on Mr. Picky-pants (his new name!) and got the same "are you freaking kidding me about this crap, Mom?!?" face...he did finally eat some of his crunchies (he's not supposed to have those, unfortunately, but he also needs to eat!) and then nibbled away at some of the new stuff. His sister acted like she's never seen food before in her life, so at least she's good with the new stuff!! I'll keep mixing it up, and hopefully get him back to his wet food routine.
Now it was time for my supper. I took a frozen tilapia fillet out of the freezer and put it in a roasting pan. On top, I dumped a mixture of Epicure Toasted Onion, Roasted Garlic, roasted red pepper, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, capers, grape tomatoes, some evoo, oregano and fresh basil. Covered and baked for about 20 minutes, before removing the foil and letting it all get happy, happy, happy together. Boiled up some orzo pasta, put the fish (which just fell apart) and some of the veggies and sauce and topped that all with some crumbled feta. It was FABO! And nice carbs for tomorrow's 29km.
While picking up some groceries today, I picked up the new Dempster's Bodywise Bagels. Regular size, although the centre hole is a little on the big side (stuff will fall through, if you make a sandwich with them) but they are only 2 POINTS!!!!! FOR THE WHOLE BAGEL!!! A 2 point bagel...are you kidding me?!?! I had half with some lite cream cheese as a snack earlier, and I may have the other with some PB and banana before I go to bed tonight. And I think it may be a perfect compliment to my morning brekkie before the run tomorrow.
Got everything out and ready for tomorrow, and as a special treat to my clinic peeps, I'm even washing my running right now! LOL!!! Thought I'd head out smelling like a daisy, because I most certainly don't smell like one afterwards!!!
Okay...time to clean up the dinner dishes, and start organizing breakfast stuff for the morning...we all know I am not that together first thing in the day.
Have a great one, where ever you are. Shout out to Caitlin...good luck on your Olympic Tri tomorrow. You'll do AWESOME!
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive