MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Lazy day

Mmmmm...a true cat nap. It was +13C in Calgary today, and my kids were enjoying the breeze blowing in the bedroom window. I had my nap in the partial sunbeam streaming into the living room.

I did make it to the vet's to get the insulin and another case of food. I swear these two eat better than I do! But I have to admit that George looks and feels a thousand times better since we switched up and started tackling his diabetes. Even his sister (the "delicate" one on the left!) has lost weight...I swear!!
Came home, had a brief nap on the couch and then went for another small walk to the grocery store to pick up a few things. I was going to Walmart today, but with Baby Girl acting up, I'll leave her be until Monday and a visit to the mechanic. I'm even planning on walking to running tomorrow...that just seems odd, but I'll probably enjoy the walk home afterwards. Then again, who knows...2km to Eau Claire, run 32km for our LSD and then walk 2km home. I may regret this decision tomorrow!!!
Threw some quick dinner together...I had some beef broth in the fridge (failed attempt at trying to get the furbabies to eat), so in my frying pan, I started frying off (in evoo) some diced celery, brown rice, Epicure Green Peppers, Guacamole mix, Toasted Onion and Garlic. I added a half a can of black beans and a can of diced tomatoes along with the broth and let it all stew until the rice was cooked. Topped it with some diced up avocado, tossed with lime juice and more Guacamole mix, and some shredded cheese. Yum, yum, yum...but now I'm full. It was so good it tasted like more, and I ended up eating the whole thing!

Getting everything organized for the morning, since I'll have to be up a little earlier than usual (adding in walking time). I'm going to try the pre-run breakfast that the nutritionist recommended, which looks very similar to what I eat anyway, although I will go against what she said and have a coffee before I head out! I know...that just means more water, but I am a rebel! And as for the water for the run, I'm also going to try her suggestion of mixing half and half water and OJ, with a touch of sea salt - she said to get trace minerals, but said that sea salt would work in a pinch. I'll report how it all worked out tomorrow.
Since it's almost 10 pm, I'm starting to shut everything down and go to bed.

No comments:

Blog Archive