MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Holy Mutha, that was good!

Wow!!! I can really outdo myself sometimes!
Into a resealable baggy went some evoo, S&P, fig jam and a chicken breast. After sitting in the fridge for a while, I peeled some parsnips (never had them before...felt it was time to try) and tossed them with some evoo. Onto my very dark clay baker they went, to be joined later by some yam fries.

In a small bowl, I mixed together some low-fat mayo, more fig jam and some fresh grated garlic. Instant garlic fig aioli! Slice an apple and some brie, and start grilling the chicken. Toast a crusty panani bun and once everything is cooked, slap it all together. OMG!!! This was beyond delicious!!! The sweet crunchy apple, with the warm, salty, gooey cheese and the garlic in the aioli, the grilled chicken...I.AM.GOOD!!!!!


Paired it with one of my favourite salads, feta & watermelon. Don't mock till you try it!!! Granted, I did forget the prep the onions, which really add another dimension, but here's what you do.
Thinly slice red onion, and put in a bowl with the juice of a lime. Let that sit for awhile (takes the bite out of the onion), before adding some evoo. This is your dressing for the salad. Meanwhile, cube some watermelon, crumble (large crumbles) feta and add some thinly sliced fresh mint. Toss in the onions, juice and oil and toss well. So light and fresh and refreshing! Try it...trust me, you'll like it.

So how was the day, other than the orgasmic dinner I just had?!?! It was good...didn't really sleep in, since I was in bed, asleep by 9pm last night! I turned out all the lights for Earth Hour, and when I realized I was "watching" tv with my eyes closed, I decided to make it official and just go to bed. Other than a couple of "feed me" wake-up calls at 1:25 and 5:37, I slept like a rock until 8 this morning. Nothing like a solid 11 hours to make a girl feel refreshed!
Wandered over to feed Miss Nermal, wondering where the +15 I was promised went...probably got blown away in the wind!
After a quick breakfast of a toasted bagel and a much needed espresso, I did 4 loads of laundry (= 24 flights of stairs!) and then went back out into the sunshine for a good, solid walk. Wandered over to Lululemon and came out with a pair of crops for the summer (Man, I HEART them...it's the only place in the world I am a size 6!). Then I wandered up & down 4th Street, then down 17th Ave, and finally over to the Coop on 11th and 11th SW. Grabbed some groceries (and where I was inspired to make tonight's dinner) along with the most fragrant bunch of mint ever...it's all I could smell all the way home. There's a lot of it, so I'm already planning other meals this week, like a tabouli (tabbouleh) and maybe something with lamb. Can't decide what else yet.
I love going to this Coop, because they carry Liberte yogurt, and a good selection of it...not just the Mocha and Cherry, like Safeway. I got another tub of plain Greek, as well as a tub of the ever most wonderful Coconut.
That was dessert! A fresh new banana, some pineapple and a dollop (okay, a large one) of the yogurt. I have a very full and VERY happy belly right now!

And despite about 4 different displays to walk past, I still managed to come home without a single Cadbury Mini Egg!!!! Only one more week!!! And this too shall pass.
Back to work but at least it's a short week.
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive