MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oy!!

That is the sound I currently make...every time I stand up...sit down...twist...bend...reach...you get the picture. I've narrowed it down to the bent over rows/dead lifts that we did on Friday, so no more for moi. I will just stick to the bent over rows! I know the dead lift is great for the hamstrings, but I always thought those were below the hips, not ABOVE! I did ask Trainer Josh if I was doing anything incorrectly, and he assured me that I wasn't, so I guess my back just doesn't like 'em. 'Nuff said. Will continue some quiet stretching and taking Advil. Hope it loosens up by the time we do 8...yes, EIGHT hills tomorrow evening. Oy...
I was beyond bagged yesterday, so had nothing to say. Did take pictures of dinner though, which was home-made (close enough - small Mom & Pop place) Beef Samosas, with cilantro sour cream (I didn't have plain yogurt) and Korma veggies (peppers, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and cilantro) with a chick-pea curry, also from the shop. All served up on brown rice. It was so good, I had the same for lunch today.

Spent yesterday afternoon in a group session, introducing a new, rather revolutionary way of thinking in business. Still wrapping my head around it, but I am excited. And the cool thing?? They are introducing a work blog, so that we can share ideas and kudos, etc, around with everyone. Blog at work and blog at home...who am I, and what have I done with myself?!
Got to work at 6am this morning (yuck!) so that I could work through lunch (and miss tempo run day) and leave work at 1:30. All to take my mother to the dietitian to discuss how to gain weight. Rather ironic, isn't it?! Imagine sitting there, telling someone else how to put weight on..."um, so you've seen me over the last 30+ years??? Yeah, just do THAT!"
After dropping mom off and trimming some sharp kitty claws (my parents have two gi-normous cats and neither can see the claws to clip them), I picked up some building supplies needed at Rona, and then went and washed my poor little car. My word, but she was filthy! Who knew I actually had a BLUE car?!
Came home, and decided to clean up some more veggies, doing a stir-fry with marinated tofu (stir-fry sauce, red wine vinegar, ginger and chili paste) and fat Shanghai noodles. At the last minute, I decided I also wanted some dumplings. Yum-o!
The dish in the smaller cup is some kind of pork mix made by my coworkers MIL (who is Asian). It was good...spicy...but I really couldn't figure out what was in it, and I'm a "need to know" kind of person. Still didn't stop me from eating it!!

Getting ready to head for bed, but had to share something. This is me, after I've crossed the finish line at Vancouver, last May 4th. What a difference a year makes...I'm down 22 pounds, and just what the hell is THAT hanging off the front of me?! Is that my BELLY?!?! Oh, no sir!!!
Then...

And now...I like now! Let's keep this version, shall we??
Later,

1 comment:

Amber said...

Wow! You look fantastic!!

Blog Archive