MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Eyes on the prize

That was the mantra that Garrath had me repeating tonight...hills training, and apparently I drop my head. That is bad...I'm guessing! Considering I can trip over a blade of grass, I call it self-preservation, but I am in this clinic to learn, so up the head came. Actually, once I got the hang of it, I think I did run better. Hills x 8 tonight, for a total run of just over 8km. We do a good 2km warm up run, and then hit Centre Street...up, tempo, turn around, down, tempo, rest. Repeat!
After our run, it was beer time. I am really liking the social aspect of this clinic group. You can tell many of been running together for years, but so far everyone has been really nice (the snobby "McRunners" tend to stick to themselves - even on the pathways, which is just fine with me!) and encouraging. I will most definitely rejoin the next clinic. Since I wolfed down a ham & cheese sandwich (sorry, no pics) for supper, I only had the Guinness at the pub. That and I only had $10 on me! Dang, Guinness is expensive... Lunch was healthier, with leftover noodles & tofu. Although I was hungry and craving a cookie, I came back upstairs with a veggie sandwich! It filled the void.
After dropping off an Epicure order, I am now home and trying my best to keep my eyes open. I give up...am heading for bed. Got another long day tomorrow, ending with a nice 8km steady! Oh, and we've all heard the rumour that our 29km LSD on Sunday will include Blood & Guts...oh joy, oh bliss!! I'll try to remember my camera and get some shots of the "hills" we'll be bounding through!
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive