MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Blood & Guts

After 'springing ahead' overnight, I really needed a cup of coffee this morning before my run. Tried the instant Starbucks...not bad. It'll do in a pinch, but I do prefer the mellow smoothness of brewed espresso. After having a bagel with nutella and banana, I finished off the rest of the banana in some oatmeal (milk, oats, nutella, coconut, banana). I ran out of steam during last week's 29, so I wanted to make sure I had some go-juice in me before I headed out. Also topped everything off with a glass of milk. I heart milk!

Met up at the Running Room and figured out who forgot to set their clocks overnight, by all the people rushing in at the last minute! My pacer K. had spilled the beans earlier this week, but Garrath tried really hard to make the route a surprise for us! We were headed west, my friends, down through Bowness and up into Bowfort Park. Through 'Blood & Guts', back down the river and home. 29 on the nose! It started off cool (-8C) and breezy, and at first I was regretting my choice of capris and a long-sleeved technical shirt, but by the end, it was +4 or so, and I was happy I wasn't as over-heated as last week.
The pictures really don't do it justice, but here goes.
Sweet spot for a home, huh?

That's the Bow river in the distance, looking east.

Should have taken a close up of the mountains, as they were GORGEOUS this morning.

The only real snow left in Calgary, at Canada Olympic Park, but probably for the last week or so.

Got back to Eau Claire feeling a hundred times better this week over last, and enjoyed a good stretch and a bowl of the best beef barley vegetable soup I have.ever.had, anywhere. Wow, that hit the spot. Also inhaled a bottle of water with eMend recovery powder in it. Got home and was still hungry, so I ate the rest of the dinner I made last night, over some more orzo pasta. Had a wee little nap on the couch, despite one of the neighbours turning their outside patio into a sound stage. They were so freaking loud, I could hear the "music" as clear as if they were inside my apartment...and I had my windows closed. Keep in mind, they were down the block and around the corner!!! Wouldn't have been so bad, if they could at least carry a tune, or complete a song!!!! Guessing our finest were inundated with calls, as the music stopped very suddenly and didn't start up again. Yay!
After walking to the local store for milk, I came home with chicken strips, sweet potato fries, some nacho cheese chips, Cadbury Mini-eggs, shampoo, hair stuff, chicken & beef broth and Oprah's magazine. Funny thing is, they were out of milk! I bought the magazine because if I spent just $3 more, I would get a $10 Timmy's card. Which is odd, because (as un-Canadian as this sounds), I hate Tim Hortons. Worst.coffee.ever! Oh well, it'll make a good, quick gift for someone, I'm sure.
The chicken and fries became dinner, but the gravy was vetoed out quickly and replaced with Epicure Sweet & Spicy mustard. I may have also sampled some of the nacho chips (I am refueling!) as well as the Cadbury eggs. My favourite part is the crunchy shell.

I am going to start mellowing down, so that I can watch the Amazing Race and go straight to bed afterwards. I am tired of being tired, and I can't always make up the sleep on Saturday afternoons.
Have a great week, everyone. Happy St. Paddy's day on Wednesday...be sure to hoist a pint (or two!).
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive