MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Preparing to run

Just finished my supper of whole wheat pasta tossed with tuna, roasted red peppers, onion, garlic, chili paste, artichokes, asparagus, tomatoes (grape and sun-dried), kalamata olives, capers and feta. Just realized I forgot basil, but with everything else working together, I didn't miss it. I am preparing physically and mentally, for the longest run since Vancouver last May...29km. We are meeting up at Eau Claire at 7:50 (yes, AM), jumping on the train and taking it to the Fish Creek station, getting off and running back to Eau Claire. Should be a nice run, as it's supposed to hit +12C or higher tomorrow! It'll still be cool in the morning, but I can live with starting out in -4C as opposed to the -20 with windchill we've had in the past! Going to figure out my camel back, so I know I've got enough water for the run, as well as grab some goo's. I like the goo's - not the texture necessarily, but at least I can suck them back easily and have some water. I always seem to choke on the jelly beans or gummy gobs, and that just really interrupts a run, when you're choking! It was also advised to carry a cell phone and cab fare (just in case!) as this is a point to point, rather than our usual loop. And pretty far off the beaten track to boot.
Speaking of 'off the beaten track', I went to Faye's new Saturday morning meeting in the far south. Guess it's not THAT far, as it's just a few km's from my parent's home and where I grew up. Amazing how your perspective changes...anyway, it was 13.5km from my door to theirs, while Dalhousie was 12-something. Not that much further. Seems like a good group, and they seemed to take to Faye, which is nice. Oh, and the sleeping in part! I didn't get out of bed until 7:30, when Faye's old meeting STARTED! Oh, the glory of it. Don't like their scales though, as Dalhousie's were always about 2 lbs lower than mine at home, while Fish Creek was more. Not by much, but still! Down is better!!! I still lost 1.6 this week, which I am happy with. It was a good week, workout wise and food wise and everything wise!
Met up with E. for coffee, as H-woman was working and C. is still in Mexico. Had a nice visit, went to the post office to pick up an Epicure order, tried to find a car wash that wasn't lined up down the street (fat chance), came home, had some lunch of whole grain nachos with salsa, and then me and the kids had a nice little lay-down. All the windows in the house open, letting in beautiful fresh air...it was glorious.
Hope everyone enjoyed their Saturdays. More on the long run tomorrow.
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive