MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, March 12, 2010

Happy Friday!

And what a happy day it is...it's +9 on March 12th, most of the snow is gone, and I've been wearing my birks to work all week! I have happy, happy toes.

Only worked till 11, although I decided that next time, I'm taking the whole day off. How stupid to be at work at 7, and use a half day vacation...I shake my head sometimes.
Breakfast was my usual Friday 5-shot latte from Starbucks and my treat of the Lemon Cranberry scone. Worth every delicious point!!!
Came home in the glorious sunshine, although the wind still had a bite too it. Walking in the shade was cool, but warmed right up in the sunbeams. Had a quick lunch of chicken sandwich (low fat deli meat) on toasted thin bun with melted dill Havarti. YUMMO!!!
Went down and grabbed mom, and off to the hospital we went...I think my car just knows where to do these days! This time is was for a pulmonary function test - they are concerned about my mother's breathing. Try explaining this test to someone with Alzheimer's...over and over and over again! I finally gave up and told her it would be a surprise! Mom kept asking when this would be over, so hopefully next week (just over a week, actually) we can finally get some answers and a game plan and start dealing with the Alzheimer's. I know I'm not a medical doctor, but I'm also not so stupid that I can't figure it out from the subtle signs, like repeating everything a hundred times! After a quick trip to the local mall to stock up on Purdy's (remember...she's encouraged to GAIN weight!) and the bank, I dropped her off and headed for home. I was starving by the time I got home, so I quickly made a wrap of nutella and fresh strawberries. No pics, sorry. Still hungry, so I made and ate another! I was also dead tired, and almost fell asleep on the couch. Finally crawled off the couch and changed and went to boot camp, with absolutely zero energy!!
Since there were only 3 of us tonight, and Trainer Josh was feeling bagged, we all (there was no vote!) decided to check out THE hill and see if it was ready to work out on, after the week of warm and sun. None of us ran it (maybe Ian, but he's a machine!) and we were all panting pretty good by the time we made it to the top. After running across the ridge to see if the stairs were ready (they were not), we ran back, and halfway down stopped to do squats and back up the hill at the same time. I am already feeling it in my legs!

Dropped off an Epicure order for someone, and headed for home but got stuck in traffic. There is a reason why I walk to work!!! FINALLY got home, and whipped up a very, very fast supper of gnocchi with asparagus in a lemon sauce. While the gnocchi was boiling, I diced up some asparagus stalks and tossed them in at the last minute. Meanwhile, I whisked an egg, some evoo and lemon juice together. Drained the pasta and 'gus, and tossed in the lemon sauce, turning off the heat but stirring till the sauce thickened (takes about a minute). Tossed with some crumbled dill Havarti and S&P, and dinner is born. It was darn tasty. Had a lovely ripe tomato as well, just to make sure I upped the veggie factor. That and I love them plain like this. Just a touch of salt needed to make them perfect.

After a brief nap on the couch, I woke up still hungry (what is with today?!), so I just had a bowl of Kashi Cinnamon squares with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. That appears to have filled the void. I'm also going to have some more water, just to make sure I'm not just thirsty.
Weigh in and coffee with the girls tomorrow, and prepping for the 29km LSD on Sunday. I may (or may not) do a quick 6km tempo tomorrow, since I missed Tuesday, but I'll judge by how the legs feel when I get up.
Don't forget to spring ahead this weekend (which I HATE!).
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive