MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday morning

It's going to be a long, ssssssllllllooooowwwww run this morning, that's for sure! I went to visit friends I haven't seen all summer (they of the "parental" variety...me not!) and finally got to see the house the M.&T. built - okay, renovated - oh, so many years ago. These guys are famous for planning big blow-out parties the exact same day as I have a work function, or I'm out of town or I'm off on a scheduled (read paid for) run. Decided last night that it's now or never.




I don't know how or when this happened, but dang it, all my friends (and me...) are a bunch of forty year olds!!!!! Mid to late forties actually...in fact, one friend just celebrated her 50th!!! Yikes!!!! forty year olds were our parents...not us...yet there we were, discussing the glory days of our youth, and taking care of our now elderly parents, and knee/ankle/wrist/back strains and pains...kind of humorous, I suppose, if you were to stand back and observe from the sidelines.



What really strikes me as funny is one couple in particular, C.&T. - I used to live with C. until T. came along, proposed and gave me the boot (but I'm not bitter!)...anyway, they now have 3 children under the age of 9 and are apparently STARVED FOR HUMAN CONTACT! And C. is always notoriously late...pretty sure her mom went 10 months before she decided to make an appearance. Anyway, the invite was to show up anytime after 7, most of us got there about 9ish (I didn't get the address from T. until after 8) and C&T showed up at midnight! They were at another party earlier (hey...their social calendar is busier than mine!) but wanted to hang out with grown ups some more. Needless to say, I'm trying to leave, as I know I'm getting up bright and early to head out for a 10k run in the morning, and she's practically got her arms wrapped around my leg, refusing to let me go!!! I managed to give her the slip and bolt for the door at 1:15!!!! It's going to be a slow one today...

But I'm up and eating breakfast of a latte and oatmeal (oats, milk, almond butter, nutella and a mashed banana) and am dressed and semi-ready to go.

Just waiting on H-woman, as she's the wheels this week. Going to try a new spot (South Glenmore Park), as we're both getting kind of bored with our usual loop. Who knows what the rest of the day will bring, but I'm hoping for a small nap!
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive