MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, August 7, 2009

Annoying foot pain

My arch/ankle is bothering me again today. It was swollen before lunch, but didn't really hurt. Now, after a 4k walk at lunch and Boot Camp at 5 (including a steep, rocky, muddy, tree-rooty, riddled with steps and raises trail run that's about 2k in total), it's throbbing off and on, but the swelling is gone. I'm about to throw some Advil at it (God Bless the person who found/invented ibuprofen!) and an ice bag, but I just put an ankle sleeve on the foot, and it already feels a tad better. It'll feel massively better once I hobble my way into a physio clinic, but that will have to wait till I am more financially fluid. I do have unlimited coverage at work, but most places are pay up front and claim from the insurance company afterwards...so next week is payday...soon, my wonky foot...soon...

I was bagged after yesterday's early start and late finish, so I did not make or pack lunch. Instead, breakfast was a non-fat latte and the low-fat turkey bacon, egg substitute sandwich from Starbuck's. They're all right...nothing really to rave about. And for 8 points, I could make better decisions. But it was what it was...lunch turned into a BLT&C on whole wheat, no butter or mayo, with a bit of mustard, and some tomato dill soup. Again, nothing stellar but it did it's job, especially after my 4k walk about. Snack was plain yogurt with Epicure Tropical Fruit dip blended in, and a third of a cup of All Bran Buds. Then it was Boot Camp time! I do heart Trainer Josh, but I really think he's trying to kill some of us!!! After the trail run, we did intervals of 45 seconds...thrusters to sprint/jog, burpees to sprint/jog, squeegees to sprint/jog, rest, bicep curls to sprint/jog, plank hold to sprint/jog, squats to sprint/jog. Rest...then core work, more core work, and then a tad more of core work. I was dripping and gasping for air (humidity is disgustingly high in Calgary right now...I may have to move to Arizona to get my air back!) but as always, grateful that I can even complete a class. Many can't, and I do appreciate every day the power to propel myself forward by my own accord.

After a quick trip to FedEx (by the airport, 25+km away) to pick up an Epicure order, I came home and made a fast supper. Baby patty pan squash (the ones that look like someone sat on 'em) and baby carrots tossed in evoo/butter and basil/mint and lemon juice, a piece of tilapia with just lemon zest and S&P, and some couscous in Epicure Vegetable Bullion and some lemon juice. I would have taken a picture, but I once again left my camera on and the battery was drained...sorry...couldn't wait for it to recharge before I had to eat!
Now me, my ankle and my Advil are going to retire to the couch, and try to get to bed at a reasonable time, since there's now a very early Saturday morning weigh-in looming. Picking up H-woman at 7 bells, and heading northwest.

Will report on the "premier" Weight Watchers location tomorrow. Have a great night everyone!

No comments:

Blog Archive