MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, August 24, 2009

Hip Pain...

Had a terrible night's sleep (or lack thereof, as it were) because of the intense pain radiating up from my feet, ankles, knees and hips!! I sleep on my side, and just could not get comfortable. Many, many milligrams of Advil didn't even help...at the most dulling the pain, but never getting rid of it. It's a good thing I was heading off to the chiropractors today for another ART session and a sit with a laser (intriguing...).
Because of the lack of sleep, and the fact that I was heading in a half hour early, I didn't even make lunch or a Green Monster. Bought a breakfast sandwich (egg on toasted English muffin, a slice of real cheese, not the plastic stuff, ham, lettuce and tomato...quite delish) before my run and had a glass of milk at home. Yes, I was still heading out for a run...I have to go feed the cats, after all, so I'm committed either way. And quite frankly, everything feels better when I run, as opposed to just sitting.
Ran (5.3km, 48 minutes, 8.32/km, 352 calories burned, 135 bpm or 78% cardio) and fed the cats. Got back to work, and bought lunch of curried chicken on rice with steamed carrots. Lunch was very good, but I did limit myself to a half order. The sauce was pretty creamy.
Went to the chiropractor and had the laser treatment first. I'm not quite sure what this is supposed to do, as you sit with this thing under your foot (or what ever needs to be treated) and then after 10 minutes, it gets switched to another laser, and then 10 minutes later, a third kind. All I know is I felt nothing in the foot, but was about to black out from the pain in my knee!!! Finally got into a treatment room, and put the heatpad on the knee (aaaaaahhhhh...) and waited for the doctor. The guy who did the ART the first time was great...it hurt but it was a good hurt. Today was PAIN!!!!! OMG!!!!! Granted, today was the actual doctor, but holy mother make it stop! He attacked (after limbering up first!) my knee and hip, deciding that while new runners are a good thing, they can also take some getting used to. Should have gone for a shorter run first...I learned that my AT band was practically fused with my quads, it was so inflamed, so he really did a number on my leg. It does feel better...then he went after my foot. I really did almost cry this time! But again, that's the whole point...break up the scar tissue so the muscle can heal. I have another treatment on Wednesday, and will look into getting a foam roller before then.
Met up with H-woman for dinner at our favourite Vietnamese place...thoroughly enjoyed the salad rolls and chicken satay pho. Belly full, we headed home (H-woman has wheels now, so she drove) were I did have a brief nap on the couch during the news. Then we headed out again to the local grocery store to pick up a couple of things...how did my bag get so full?!? But I am going to make a great fruit salad for lunch tomorrow, and enjoy that with some Liberte coconut yogurt and some cheese and crackers. Sounds just fabo!
Off to medicate again (Advil is a wonderful thing!) and put some ice on my knee and ankle. Then it's bed time!!!
Glad to hear our down East bloggers survived Bill.
Later,

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Was that pain really caused by the new shoes? Wow! Hope it heals quickly! I'm also glad bill didn't pack a wallop, although, we here did get 7 tornados. One was not too far away from home. Carol and family were caught inside the library with a tornado right above them. She said she could look right up into the centre of it. that one did not touch down by them. I asked her what the bleep she was doing looking up into a tornado instead of going to the basement. She said if it looked as if it would touch down they would have gone below....like they would have had time!!!!

Blog Archive