MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, August 27, 2009

On the road to recovery

After D - the chiro-dude, tried to literally rip my leg off yesterday, I didn't think it could hurt any worse. I was, of course, wrong! Now my hip flexor was flared up...sigh...up at 3 am, but I only needed one more Advil and an ice pack, and then I managed to get back to sleep.

Started the day as per usual with a Green Monster and then enjoyed a mid-morning fuel up of the last of my Liberte Coconut yogurt and some All Bran buds.

The run at lunch was a little slow...it's amazing how badly the hip flexor is used to do silly things...like lift your leg in a forward motion! But I pushed on, and finally the whole leg started to loosen up. Fed the cats, cleaned up the puke, cleaned the litter (hey...I don't treat mine this good! Kidding!!) and ran back to work, completing 5.3K in about 42 minutes. The run back being a bit quicker than the run there. I wore a cap today, since it was so bright and sunny, but all that did was make me sweat so much, I looked like I dipped my head in the river. People were looking at me odd, and I know they were all thinking "we don't have showers here...where did she wash her hair??"...not washed my friends...that'd be all natural ME!!! hehehe...
Returned to a lunch of raw veggies, the last of my light Laughing Cow cheese and some Rivita rye crisps. Worked on a spread sheet that had me seeing double after a while, and then perked up with my afternoon snack of the rest of the fruit salad and a 1/2 c of 1% cottage cheese.

Got to Boot Camp with time to spare, but the leg and hip were both acting up. Uh-oh, thought I...after all, Trainer Josh had warned we would be working on legs today...he does not lie!

Ran two loops of the stairs/hills (I'll take my camera, to try and capture the scope of our "warm up") and then did one lap of the stairs. The hip was not pleased...in fact, I'm amazed I can move at all right now, given the number of lunges, squats, more lunges, sprints, jogs, more squats, hold squats and even more lunges that we did. Then we got down to the mats and did donkey kicks, peed on the fence (side lifts, but I like what T-J calls them better), leg extensions, thigh lifts, and inside thigh lifts. Then after some thrusters for 20 second intervals, we concentrated on some upper body - to even things out! Finished on the mats with some core work, and there goes another hour. It really does fly by rather quickly. I stayed behind to make sure I did some good, solid stretching of the hips and thighs before heading for home.

Finally made the stir-fry with the beef I've been marinating since Tuesday! Sliced it thin, added celery, green onions, carrots, red & orange peppers and red & yellow tomatoes. Finished it with some Epicure Teriyaki Ginger sauce and ate it with brown & wild rice. Even managed to leave some for lunch tomorrow!

Did decide later that I was still hungry, so I had a quick snack of Kashi Cinnamon Squares and unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

Since I find myself watching TV with my eyes more closed than open, I'm heading for bed.

Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive