MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Everything hurts...

Okay, let me see if I've got this right. I am one of 3 who actually shows up for Boot Camp tonight, and yet Trainer Josh feels the need to punish US!!! Maybe we are supposed to be some sort of example but I think that will just scare the others away, not convince them to show up! Just a thought... I honestly don't know if I'll be able to get out of bed tomorrow...seriously! Combined with last night's "go-go-go" circuit, it's a miracle I can walk at all right now. My right foot is throbbing, which is my fault, as I still ran 5.5k at lunch (to feed the kitties) and then on to Boot Camp. It started, innocently enough, with our usual warm-up of two loops of 3-Post Hill: down some long and windy "stairs/platforms", around the flat to the base of the hill and back up to the top - repeat. Then we did some new version of circuit hell...Spot 1: 30 full sit-ups followed by hold plank for as long as you can (aim for 1 minute). Then you head to the middle Spot and do 5 burpees. Spot 2: 30 triceps dips followed by 30 incline presses...return to middle spot and 5 burpees. Spot 3: 30 static lunges each leg (holding 20 pounds of weight) followed by 30 squats (still holding the dang weights). Return to middle and 5 burpees. Final spot: run down 3-Post Hill to the fork in the path, turn around and run back up. Repeat 2 more times! Return to middle and 5 burpees!! And if that weren't enough fun, hey look...we have time to do it all over again!!!!! Everything so hurts right now. Even my finger tips...

I'm off to Lion King tomorrow night with H-woman, and thought I'd wear my smokin' hot maxi-dress (for all the single men that are likely to be there...hahahahahahahaha - I kill me). Had to try it one, just to be sure, and it still fits, and looks gooooood. Last time I wore it was last summer, and 20 pounds ago, so bring.it.on! However, I can't seem to find any shoes to go with it, so off to the mall I went. You know when you have a certain style in mind and that's exactly what you want? Well, you're never going to find it...anywhere...ever...because shoes are all for skanks and hookers now (speaking of...actually saw one in the mall...had the 6" spikes, the extra, extra, extra short jean shorts and the shredded tee...my word, but she looked a tad out of place)!!! By the way, I am freaking 5'10" tall!!! What on earth am I to do with a pair of 6" spikes?!?!?! I would hit my head on the door-frames...that is, of course, if I were lucky enough to just be able to walk like a lady without doing a major face-plant! So after going to every store in the mall (yes, there were a few) that sold shoes, and being told to 'here, try on a 10...it's just like an 11'...um...yeah, only SHORTER, I hobbled out of the mall, and went to H-woman's to whine on her shoulder and eat her awesomely delicious food! Curry turkey burger on pita...wicked good. She IS a good cooker! Back to the shoes...I am about to dig in my closet and find out what on earth I did with all my black sandals, but worse case, it's a hippy dress so I can just wear the 'birks and be done with it.

Really wanted some new shoes though...sigh...although I will be getting a new pair (or pairs - I like to have a pair at work and at home) of runners this weekend though, so those may have to do. I am feeling that my current pair(s) have run their last kilometre, so it's time.

That's it for me...good thing I have extra-strength Advil...think I may need it tonight!
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive