MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, August 3, 2009

Schneider duties complete

As I've mentioned before, I am Schneider for my little apartment building (only 13 suites)...that is I am the caretaker/landlady. For a substantial reduction in my rent, I collect the rent, do the bank deposit, take applications for new tenants, walk-through for move ins & outs, general cleaning inside and outside (that includes yard work) and small maintenance. I don't have to do painting, plumbing (THANK GOD!) nor do they make me play with electricity!!! They (the management company, a lovely husband and wife team who are both sweet as pie) seem to know and acknowledge my limitations as easily as I do!
Anyway, I've been putting off cleaning the hallways during the heat wave, but finally decided I had to get it done today. And I just had a tenant move in who needed new blinds installed. If there is one part of my duties that I openly despise...it's installing blinds. I measure, I mark, I measure again, I drill and it's all WRONG!! Argh!!!!!! And it doesn't help that I live in a very old, 67 years to be precise, building that is all wood and plaster and I'm sure a little spit and duct-tape!! It's very frustrating to say the least...took me 2 hours to install the blinds, replace the screening in a frame, and screen in another window for this guy. I still had to vacuum the hallways and stairs. I live in a 3 story walk-up, that has double staircases...why I will never know...just means 2 x the steps to vacuum and then wash. So started that after a brief water break and now it's 8:30 and I haven't had dinner yet! Not wanting to get into cooking a meal at this time of the night, I decided to have a Green Monster. That tide me over till morning, and I'll make the fish tacos I was planning on tomorrow night.
And with all the rain we're now getting, I'm happy I got the grass cut yesterday...at least I don't have to worry about watering the flowers this week. Boot Camp may be a tad on the damp side, but I enjoy running and such in the rain. Keeps everyone else away!
Happy Monday, everybody.

No comments:

Blog Archive