MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, August 3, 2009

Relaxing Monday off...

It's Heritage Day here in Alberta (well, most of Canada celebrates something today, although there are a few hold-out provinces, like Quebec and Newfoundland...which is odd, because they seem to have a lot of provincial holidays between them both!) so I managed another glorious sleep-in (other than getting up at 5:45 to feed the furbabies...don't mess with their routine!) till 9 am. Legs are feeling yesterday's long run, which is good. I miss that feeling...tells me that I've worked hard.
Dinner last night was good and simple. I roasted some of the baby potatoes in my toaster oven (which ROCKS!! I rarely use my regular oven, since I am just cooking for moi), after tossing them in a mixture of evoo and butter (a tsp of each)...once they were golden brown, I tossed them in another tsp of melted butter and some Epicure Lemon Dilly dip mix. Yum, yum, yum! With that I cheated a tad, and bought a roasted turkey breast at Safeway...which will become lunch meat, as it was rather dry. Sad... And, as this week's Weight Watcher's challenge was to try something new (for you) from the vegetable/fruit family, I had a kohlrabi salad. I used my mandoline to slice red onion and the kohlrabi bulb super thin, and then tossed that with a mixture of evoo, lemon juice, S&P and capers. Served over some fresh spring greens, it was an interesting salad. The kohlrabi, to me, tasted a bit like turnip (which I do not like) but it wasn't unpleasant. Still reserving final judgement on it.
So what to do on a day off from work? I'm putting on my "Schneider" hat and putting up some blinds in one of the suites (just about my favourite job to do...can you sense the sarcasm??) and then vacuum the common hallways and wash the floors at the entrances. At least it's much cooler out today (and that means inside the building too), so it won't kill me. There was a wicked storm that blew in about 1 am...the lightning actually woke me up, long before the big rumblings and booms of the thunder did. Quite the light show. And then pounding, pounding rain...living on the top floor of a flat roofed building has it's drawbacks, but it finally lulled me back to sleep. It has since stopped, but it's dull and gray out there still. Which is fine...I was growing weary of the intense heat.
Have a great day off...if you get one, that is...

No comments:

Blog Archive