MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Boot Camp Update

Very excited for today, as we were going to do our Fit Test at Boot Camp. I am anxious to see the actual numbers, as I definitely feel the difference in my body! Got an awesome compliment about my efforts from a very hot man that I lust over (he's happily married, so is completely OFF LIMITS! But he is soooo lovely to look at...) that I know from running, and that totally made my day! It's amazing how something like that can have you walking on air the rest of the day...

Started the day with a glass of moo and a Green Monster. Started feeling peckish around 10 (this starting work at 7 is hard on the old routine!), so munched on some Laughing Cow cheese, Rustic rye crackers and fig jam. Just went for a walk at lunch today (4k) as I didn't want to do anything to mess up Fit Test - didn't want to go into it with sore legs or the like. Strayed from the usual pathways (which were crazy busy) and wandered through one of the older neighbourhoods by the river. Came back to work, rather reluctantly and ate lunch - leftover tuna casserole and a nectarine. Rounded out the afternoon (and prepared for Boot Camp) with the last of the orange/mango yogurt and some All Bran.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...BOOT CAMP FREAKING ROCKS!!!! I lost almost 10 pounds during this last 6 week session, and despite some gains in some areas, a total of 2 more inches gone! That's over 12 pounds and 6 inches gone in the last 12 weeks.

Our run test was a little off, as Trainer Josh changed the route (we switched parks earlier in the session) and this run included an SOB of a hill! But I did it and did not stop running - 850m in 5:20. Managed 1 more push-up in the minute (54 total, but 20 from the toes), and one more crunch (72 in 60 seconds), held plank for 1:13 (hard after 54 push-ups!)...but the best???? Held squat (and pretty nice form too, if I do say so myself) for 3:07!!!!! I could barely do it for one minute at the beginning of this. Just imagine what I can do after another 6 weeks?!

H-woman and I did a training run after Boot Camp (yes, AFTER), as we were scheduled for a 50 minute run. We did our usual loop, knowing that we were starting from the top of a hill and therefore, at some point, would have to climb back up! We ended up running for just over 28 minutes, putting another 3.3km under our feet. Combined with my walk to and from work (1.84km each way), the walk at lunch and the Fit Test run, I did almost 12km today!! Wow...no wonder my feet hurt (which we are dealing with on Monday, and will keep you all in informed.).

After having to show a suite to a potential client, I came upstairs to make dinner finally...I was FAMISHED - had a piece of cheese to tide me over while I cooked. Before I left for Boot Camp, I pulled what I hoped was chicken in souvlaki marinade out of the freezer (I was right) to start thawing. When I got home and settled down, I threw it in my toaster oven to roast, and chopped up a tomato, mini cucumber and some green pepper for a salad. Added some feta, Epicure Souvlaki seasoning blend (holy YUM), evoo and red wine vinegar and let it sit to meld. When the chicken was almost done, I threw on a pot of orzo pasta, and served it all with a side of plain yogurt with some spice sprinkled on it...dinner so was good, I don't have anything left over for lunch tomorrow. There goes lunch for tomorrow...now what to do?

Okay...I'm taking my 'disappearing' self to the kitchen to forage for lunch and then off to bed with dreams of new outfits and successful runs dancing in my head...

Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive