MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, August 14, 2009

This is really why I love Boot Camp!

After a somewhat cold (it's only 9 degrees right now, and I think it got all the way up to 11 at one point!) and dreary day, I hauled myself rather grudgingly to Boot Camp. I didn't even run at lunch, as I was just not feeling it, but I did make myself go out and do a 4.6k walk, and tried my best to concentrate on walking and not on the partridge family making it's way down the path (they make me laugh so hard watching them all run in a straight line like that!), or find the hawks that were screeching in the trees, or what ever other distraction came along. Lunch was a quick bowl of soup that I 'whipped' up last night...canned diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, black-eyed peas, onion, garlic, Epicure chicken bouillon powder, water, oregano and Epicure Chipotle Chili powder. It was good, and fast and simple and that's what I needed after last night's Pho.
But back to Boot Camp...I got to the park in time to see that only 4 of us were working out today...normally I think there's closer to 12 or so? Quite a few bailers in the cold weather, I must say...
Trainer Josh decided we all had to warm up (he was wearing shorts) so we went for a run...too wet and slippery for Douglas Fir or even the killer hill, so we stuck to the running path and ended up doing about a mile run.
Then the good times really kicked in!!! I could handle the tricep routine (although I appear to have aggravated a rotator cuff again), and even the step ups (once I got my foot/ankle to behave) but his latest game??? He is evil... We took our weights to the top of a "little" hill and once up there, we did bicep curls. Then drop the weights, run down the hill and do squats. When done those, run back up the hill and repeat...as many times as you could in 5 minutes!! And just when we thought we were all close to death, we get a sip of water and start all over, but with shoulder presses and lunges...still feeling it in my butt!
Finally returned to our mats and did some killer ab work, including a new move that sort of mimics a quad press that would you do on a machine...totally felt it work the abs and core. Will have to try it again.
Once class was finished, I came home, cleaned up and changed to meet a friend for dinner. The jeans I wore all day at work were falling off me (and I got many comments about how loose they were), so they are now in the "donate" pile. I pulled another pair down from the closet, only to realize that they were a pair of Red Tabs...jeans I haven't worn or even been able to pull on over the thighs for years...why I hung on to them, I don't know, other than Levi Red Tabs have always been a fave of mine. I thought, what the heck, let's see how they feel.
What the heck indeed!!!! Check.it.out!!! Not only on, but lookin' good!!! Made my friend take a picture of my butt too, because I'm pretty proud of it right now.

I decided before heading out tonight that I was making healthy choices regardless of where we ended up, and I did. I did have a pint of Guinness (if you're going to drink beer, drink the good stuff!) and went for the Chicken Fajita wrap with salad. Yes, salad...watched my friend eat all of his fries, but I did not have one! The wrap was very good...full of stir fried (not deep or battered or breaded or anything icky) chicken, peppers and onions all tossed together with a nice hot sauce and wrapped up tight. I ended up eating the salad sans dressing, because the veggies were fresh and tasty all on their own, and I used maybe a third of the sour cream provided (there was a scant quarter cup in a dipping dish). Satisfied, not overly full, and I also drank a couple of pints of water (instead of beer). Oh, and the walk there and back helped too.
Okay...off to ice the shoulder and take some more pain killers. This getting old crap is for the birds!
Later,

1 comment:

Blog Archive