MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Early Sunday morning

Okay, so it's not that early any more! But I am still waking up, so I guess it counts. Eating some breakfast of oatmeal (1 c almond breeze, 1/2 oats, glob of almond butter, craisons and a smaller glob - hate to get all technical on you! - of Nutella) yum...chocolate oatmeal for breakfast!

Getting ready to head out for a run with H-woman soon. We're supposed to run 7 miles (or 11.26km) but since we did that last week - got confused - we're going to do 6 miles or 9.5km today instead. Either way, it sounds far! But Melissa's 22k is just over a month away now, so I guess we had better kick it into gear!



Yesterday was a pretty normal day...granted I was up at the crack of stupid to pick up H-woman so we could go to the new WW meeting, 11km away from my house, at 7:45am. It wasn't our usual leader Faye (she's in Hawaii at her son's wedding, so we'll allow the miss this week) but a woman who was from one of Faye's groups who lost...169 pounds!!!! She lost a person!!!!!!! In just over 2 years to boot. She looks amazing for someone that lost so much...none of that Shar-Pei look to her, which is usually the norm for someone who's lost a ton of weight. As for the "North American Premier" location??? They've been open 1 week, and have already had to have sound technicians come in to deal with the echo...gee...20' ceilings, and no doors, and you wonder why there's an echo?!?!?! But it's for Faye, and it's working right now (down another 3.4 yesterday) so I will persevere! And I am only 1 pound away from yet another drop in daily points, but more importantly to finally being under 200 pounds again!!! It's been at least 6 years since I've seen a number that starts with a 1 and I'd like to revisit that era! Hell, I don't just want to visit it, I want to set up camp and live there FOREVER!



Grabbed a coffee, dropped H. off and came home to an accidental nap on the couch! Oops...got up, did some puttering around, grabbed some groceries for dinner, and then decided if I was going to get in some exercise I should get my butt in gear. So I changed and headed out the door before I could change my mind...walked over to the river (the walk down is full of driveways, which slope and which are a bugger to run on...my knees and hips don't like that at all...and Calgary drivers aim for people running on the street...hasn't been proven, of course, but I think it's true!) and then ran up Rideau Hill to 3-post, back down to the Elbow river pathway, through Stanley Park and around back to the start. A total of 4.2km (and another 2 for the walk there and back) at 34:55 or 8:19/km. Managed to maintain a good cardio rate of 85% and burned off 294 calories.



Came home and made Ginger Mojito pork...marinade a piece of tenderloin in a mixture of rum, lime juice, evoo, lime zest, honey and some grated ginger. Grill till done. Thought that sounded rather Jamaican, so I made a side of Rice & Peas (which are actually beans) and the rest of the pattypan squash in evoo, butter and mint. It was quite delish! My friend Cathy and her parents taught me how to make Rice & Peas years ago, so it was a nice memory and treat. Although now, the healthy me makes it with less bacon and brown rice! And I had black-eyed peas, which was a nice option.


Guess I had better run and get changed. Details of the run later.

No comments:

Blog Archive