MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Still in pain

But it's getting better...although my thigh did hurt to touch today. To the point that my skirt rubbing on it made me cringe sometimes! Dr. Chow is a bad man!!! But after my run at lunch, it felt a tad better...seriously, the leg feels better when I run. I think it's got something to do with the blood flow or endorphins or a combo of the two, but either way I'll take it. Didn't even feel too bad at Boot Camp...where I announced my milestone to rave reviews! And immediately started to sweat!! Run to warm up (leg didn't really like the hills, but I pushed out two and a half laps) and then running through ladders, over hurdles, throwing in full sit-ups, thrusters, burpees, squeegees...the list goes on and on! But as I said yesterday...I will never complain about Boot Camp again!!! And stretching...I stayed behind to do some good quad and thigh stretches to get everything back where it belonged!
Returned to a normal day, food wise as well. Started with a Green Monster. Enjoyed a mid-morning snack of Rivita Rye Crackers and almond butter. Run (5.3km over 43 minutes) and return to a lunch of carrots, mini cucumbers, more rye crackers and Laughing Cow cheese. Afternoon snack was some of the fruit salad I made that had grapefruit, nectarine, peach, kiwi, cantaloupe, blueberries and bananas. Topped that off with coconut yogurt and All Bran buds. That fueled me through Boot Camp quite nicely.
Came home and made a simple, warm pasta salad. Tossed yellow and red tomatoes, red pepper, capers, basil (tried a new type at the Farmer's market that is almost minty...very unique) with evoo, white wine vinegar and S&P. Cook whole wheat bowtie pasta, adding chickpeas, corn and asparagus at the last minute to warm through. Drain well, toss with the previously mentioned items and some course grated Parmesan, and Bob's your Uncle! It was in the Best Health magazine that a friend sent me a subscription for, although I did add my own touches. And I have more than enough for lunch tomorrow, with some more fruit salad.
Yay...I like it when I'm prepared. Less stress for the morning. Oh, and I've got some steaks marinating in a mix of soy, lime juice, chilies, garlic and canola oil for a quite stir-fry tomorrow night.
Off to put some ice on the leg, and some Advil in the system, which combined should mean a better night's sleep tonight (although last night's wasn't nearly as bad as Sunday).
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive