MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Review

Friday:
After last night's disappointing shopping experience, I thought I'd be wearing my fancy maxi-dress barefoot (which is in the very 'hippy' style of the dress!) to the Lion King tonight...lo and behold, hiding in the back of the closet were these!! Perfect! Even received nice comments on my home pedi... Picked up H-woman, and after a nice dinner at Wildwood Pub (I had the grilled chicken salad with beets and feta, although it almost came without the chicken! New waitress...) we headed off to see the Lion King. BEST.SHOW.EVER!!!! The call of the animals to Pride Rock is worth the price of the tickets alone...both of us were choked up and in tears by the end of the first song. While all the costumes/dancers/set were amazing, the elephant is breathtaking! Thoroughly enjoyed it, and would love to see it again before it leaves, but since that's Sunday coming up, and it's completely sold out now, it'll have to wait for another time. If you have the opportunity to see it, do. Just go!

Saturday:
I am never.ever complaining about Boot Camp again!!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!!! For the first in in just about freaking FOREVER I weigh less than 200 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One.ninety.eight.point.six!!!!!!! Just that fact that my weight now starts with a 1 is FREAKING INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!! I was convinced that I would weigh over 200 pounds for the rest.of.my.life!!! And I just didn't want to any more! Whatever that hissy-fit I had at the doctor's in June did, it worked. I tried to thank Trainer Josh on Thursday (because of the blue jeans fitting), but he wouldn't take any credit for my transformation. Of course, I do understand that it is ME making my fuel choices (hah...thought I was going to say food, didn'cha?!?) and ME making myself get outside and run, and ME making myself show up for Boot Camp, but I still thanked him for being that extra pair of hands, giving me that little shove when I need it. After celebrating with my leader Faye (who gives the best hugs!), I found out they are changing the meetings AGAIN!! Okay, so this isn't THAT bad, but come on already...because the girls from meeting A can't get balanced and closed before the girls from meeting B show up, meeting A (Faye's) will now start at 7:30...am...on a Saturday...sigh...this means picking H-woman up (or vice versa, if she gets wheels) at 7 bells, in order to get to the meeting and weigh-in on time. But I am aiming for another celebration next week, hitting the 40 lbs gone mark.

I did celebrate my victory over the scale by SHOPPING! Oh my...me and my credit cards had a grand time!! I bought these new flip-flops, which are by Sole and are orthopedic. I saw them at the market at the Vancouver Marathon, but they didn't have my size then. Finally decided to try a pair, and they really do offer good arch support. Very important right now, given my current foot issues.

I also came across a pair of shoes, which matched the sweater I bought. I have to say, I was a little disappointed in the clothing department, but I think that's because all the Fall stuff is out, and I'm still thinking summer! But I found this sweater at Le Chateau (spending more than I wanted, but I am worth it!) which I paired with a basic black skirt for dinner out later.


Decided to be kind to my feet, and got some new runners. I had way too many kilometers on my other pairs - yes, I have one pair at home, and one pair at work...right now the home ones are for boot camp and Sunday long runs, and the work pair for lunch time runs...which will be replaced next pay - went into the Running Room intent on buying my usual Asics and came out with Saucaneys. The girl said I'd like them as much as the Asics, and that they had awesome, even better support for a pronator such as myself. More to follow on Sunday's recap.
I think I was alone too long on Saturday, as I came home from the mall(s) quite poor! But a quick respite of Corn Chili Fritatta and avocado tomato salsa and I was ready to head out again.
Had to stop by a friends and feed her cats. I've been cat sitting all week, and normally run over at lunch (it's a 5.5k loop by the time I go there and back) for a quick feed, clean the litter and a scratch behind the ears. Today I brushed them both, played on the floor with them, gave them kisses and cuddles (good thing for antihistamines!) and some treats. They are brother and sister, and are so dang cute! They're about half the size of my beasts - it's like picking up the empty milk carton! Almost lost one!!! Toffee (on the left) just stares...freaks me out a bit, actually! But she got very cuddly and chatty on Saturday. Smoky, her big brother, is a little more brave and vocal. Both lovely to take care of...their mom will be home at the end of the month, so only one more week of daily 5.5k runs!
Came home, had a brief nap, tackled the grass out front (almost had to buy a goat!) and then went out to meet up with H-woman & S. and the couple that lent us their Canmore condo earlier this year. They are the sweetest couple in the world, and are so funny. They have awesome stories to tell...they are both real estate agents, and have a number of cats (instead of kids) and have traveled the world and are just sweet and adorable! Laughed our butts off all night, and enjoyed a fabo fondue dinner at the Laurier Lounge again. This place is habit forming!
Sunday:
Met up with H-woman at 9:30 and went for our long, slow for the week. Supposed to be 8 miles or 12.8km, but we decided on a new route that included the Douglas Fir trail, so we were happy with the 11.29 we ended up with. Stats: 1:45:49, pace of 9:22/km, 770 calories burned and average heartrate of 146 or 84% (excellent cardio burning range). The feet and new runners held out pretty good, but the hips were quite sore by the time I was done. Did some serious stretching (so unlike me!), inhaled some chocolate milk, and then headed off to the Farmer's market to stock up for the week. So happy the Greek Ladies had falafel this week, as I thoroughly enjoyed a wrap and Greek salad. Home, putzed around and ended up with a later dinner of a cucumber, yellow tomato and 3 grilled buffalo wieners with sweet & spicy mustard. Just wasn't that hungry.
Sorry for the long read...hope you got through it!
Later,

2 comments:

Amber said...

That's funny I went from Saucony's to Asics! Haha. I just got a new pair of shoes too and they were bothering my feet on my first run in them, then again I probably shouldn't have done 13 km in my first run in new shoes! I hope they start to feel better soon!

Cathy said...

Fab weight! fab shoes and fab food! this was a great read! thanks! Have a good week.

Blog Archive