MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Man, I wish this would save your drafts for stupid times like crashes and idiots behind the keyboard (that'd be me!) who accidentally close the file!!! Argh!!!!!
After waking up from a great night's sleep (10+ hours), I caught up on some blogs, and then walked over to the local vets to get some chow for the furbabies, who were apparently starving to death. Grabbed myself a coffee (my usual 5-shot latte, but over ice instead of extra hot...it's already +27 out there!), and came home to plan the day. Breakfast included an Ezekiel muffin spread with almond butter, fresh raspberries and a drizzle of maple syrup. Yum!

Last night's Boot Camp was awesome...painful and exhausting, but awesome! Still trying to recover from Thursday's extra leg workout (ALL legs, as a matter of fact), so our run up Douglas Fir was a little slow and stiff, until I could get the kinks worked out. Some of the people in the group were doing their fit test, as it was the last night of this session, so there were only 4 of us doing the run. I finally got to the top (when did it get steeper and longer?!) and managed to push out a couple of sprints up the final staircase. Back to the group, and massive upper body work. Shoulders and back are definitely feeling it today.
Came home, wanting a burger for supper. No meat thawed, so I walked over to Safeway to pick up the fixins'. Dilemma...how does one have a cheddar bacon burger without running the risk of having leftover cheddar and bacon in the house?! Answer - visit the Safeway meat counter, where they sell Cheddar Bacon burger patties! Shredded cheese and bacon already mixed in...it was perfect, and exactly what I wanted. Fresh and ready to throw on the grill. Grabbed a whole wheat kaiser, some pickle slices and sweet potato fries, and called it dinner. The burger grilled up beautifully (the shredded cheese made an awesome crispy crust on the outside), and was exactly what I was craving. Used the Epicure Sweet & Spicy Mustard as the only topping (besides pickles)....YUMMY. That mustard is sooooooo good...I've already gone through 3 jars since we introduced it in June (and that's me personally, not just for party samples). Do try it if you can, but act fast...it's seasonal and will be off sale as of the end of August. Back to dinner...add a wee Guinness, and I was a happy girl!
So, now what to do today? I need to cut the grass, clean the building (which I will do tomorrow, since it's supposed to be cooler), laundry, change the litter, clean the kitchen, do the dishes, the list goes on...ah, life as a single gal in the big city. The good times never stop!!!
Have a great day, and enjoy your long weekend (if you are celebrating one, that is!).

No comments:

Blog Archive