MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Looooonnnnng day...

I thought I would tackle this week's 15-Week challenge of the early morning workout today. What ever was I thinking?!?!
You see...I am not a morning person, and I am okay with that! But I got up at 5 am, got to work (walked in the dark...through downtown Calgary...in the dark...alone...in the dark and drizzle...should still be sleeping...in the dark!) just after 6, changed and went out to run my usual 4.65k loop. It was very, very quiet...except for all the people on their bikes whizzing into work, it was me and two other guys on the path for a run. And I discovered that I am not a morning working out person! Firstly, I am not fully awake - I think mornings should be banned, the world over! It's cruel and unusual punishment to force someone out of a nice, warm bed, and make them face the world before noon! Of course, now that I say that, I haven't slept in past 9 in years, and I do start work at 7am now...it's a good thing I love Boot Camp and Trainer Josh, otherwise I'd be back to sleeping till 7:30 and starting work at 8:30. But I digress...back to the actual run. I don't eat first thing in the day - ever...I have trouble some mornings just brushing my teeth! But I forced down a piece of celery with almond butter and craisons, and sipped some Green Monster on the walk in, so I would have something in the tank to burn.
It didn't work...my legs felt like lead wrapped around pipe-cleaners! Needless to say, the run was not fast, nor was it pretty...but I finished it. Hard to read on the Garmin, but I managed an 8:30/km pace and burned 278 calories.

Got back in the office (freaked out my coworkers when they realized I beat them all to work today...did you know they don't even turn on the lights at 6:15 in the morning?!?!), changed and finished my Green Monster. And inhaled a chocolate milk!
Lunch was a spinach salad with chicken, blueberries, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and maple pecans (cooked pecans in maple syrup until the water boiled off, and then laid out on a piece of foil to cool...YUM!), topped with evoo and balsamic vinegar (yes...I keep bottles in my desk). However...it's Thursday...and the deli downstairs does a wicked Mulligatawny! Which I never let myself enjoy, because I weighed in on Thursdays and I have this weird superstition of eating rice the day before or day of weigh in! But now that we'll be weighing in on Saturdays, I indulged. Kind of wished I hadn't, as I was FULL all afternoon. It was still fabulous, but I was full!
And immediately thought "what an idiot" as it's Boot Camp fit test tonight, and I've just ruined my measurements by bloating out my stomach! Good thing most of the class couldn't/didn't show, so we're doing fit test on Tuesday. I can say that I've lost 7.9 pounds in the last 6 week session!
It was a regular Boot Camp session then, with our beloved Trainer Josh back (we told him how much we missed his joking, singing, funny voices and stories while he was gone!) in charge...some running, followed by upper body work and sprints, lower body work and sprints, core work and sprints! Josh is awesome about keeping our cardio up for well over half the class, without it being strictly running. Feeling it in the shoulders again...can't wait for tomorrow night's class! Have I mentioned that I'm hooked, and that I've already signed up for another 6 week, 3x a week session?!
:)
All the talk about zucchini boats by Angie got me thinking of that for dinner, since I had a zuch of appropriate size waiting in my veggie crisper...the thing is, I've never made one before. So I went Italian...mixed sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, pine nuts, artichoke hearts, basil, fresh grated Parmesan and herbed goat cheese. And to add texture, I sprinkled some panko bread crumbs on top before baking...dang...I am a GOOD COOKER!!! It was quite tasty, although I did put a little too much goat cheese in it, and found it a tad rich. Didn't stop me from eating it all, mind you!!
Well that's it for me...recap
Monday weekly challenge: done
Wednesday workout challenge: done
Weigh-in: down 1.4
Don't know why, and don't care...what ever it is that I am doing this time around seems to be working!! And I am determined to keep it up!
Okay...time to put together lunch for tomorrow, and head to bed. I am seriously tired!

No comments:

Blog Archive