MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Countdown to the weekend

Survived another week (nearly) and another Boot Camp. Although Trainer Josh was extra cruel this evening! Must have something to do with the weather...can't say he didn't warn us though. "We're going to work extra hard tonight, and by 'we' I mean you guys!"...when he says it with a smile on his face, how can we hate him. Of course, ask me when I'm doing what feels like the 100th squat of the day, before we ran down the big-a&*$d hill and up & down the stairs (had hoped he had forgotten those where there!!) and then back UP the big-a&*$d hill!!!! My thighs will thank him tomorrow...of course, we still have to see what he has in mind for tomorrow's class. At least the rain held off for camp...just light drizzle and spitting. I don't mind working out in that...in fact, it felt rather nice.
Finally had some noodles this week, since I missed out last week. H-woman, B. and myself went after I got the keys and instructions to look at B's cats for the next couple of weeks. She just lives over the river from work, so I can run over at lunch (will be a good 5k run) and pop down on the weekends. She has these two adorable Burmese cats...will snap some photos later! But after checking things out, the three of us went to our usual Vietnamese haunt. Here's what I rave about every week! Granted, I inhaled the shrimp salad rolls before I remembered I had the camera, so you'll have to wait for another dinner to see how good those look!! This is the Chicken Pho with extra veggies, and after I've added the fresh Thai basil, bean sprouts and some hoisen sauce. Yum, yum, yum, YUM!!!!! I practically lick the bowl clean! Granted, now I'm full, but not uncomfortably full, which is good.
Now I need to figure out what to take for lunch tomorrow, and get ready for the last day of the work week. I have been on a roll this week, churning out reports and charts and graphs like no one's business, so I anticipate ending the week on quite a work high! Which will be kicked out of me at Boot Camp, of course. Twelve pounds and six inches...that's what keeps me going back for more!
Later,

1 comment:

Cathy said...

We enjoyed Vietnamese food last Wednesday for dinner.....very yummy. We had the beef Pho and the shrimp salad rolls and the shrimp on sugarcane...mmmmmm...might need to go back for more. Vietnamese food fills you up without the gross overfull feeling!

Keep up the good work at camp!

Blog Archive