MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, August 2, 2009

After the run

It felt good...granted my right foot was acting up by the end (pain in the arch/ankle which then spreads to the shin/knee/thigh/hip...amazing how they are all joined together!) but this was the longest I have run since Vancouver in May!! Oops...how did THAT happen?! Maintained a good pace, although H-woman's Garmin and mine varied on the speed. We were both close for distance, but her garmin clocked her going faster, yet we ran side by side. Hmmmm...
There was a bit of that wind-storm that hit northern Alberta (just sad about the Big Valley Jamboree) down here in Calgary too last night. I do recall running around closing windows, when suddenly anything not tied down in my place was blowing about, but we really saw the effects on our run this morning. Many branches and such down on the ground, and there was a rather large tree to climb over on the pathway, but the biggest shock was the remnants of a HUGE tree that went down in one of the older neighbourhoods we run through. The Fire guys had already been there, based on the fact that most of the tree was cut up and removed from the road, but the poor truck that it landed on was still there! Or, should that be what was left of the poor truck...the trunk of this tree, still in the ground, had to be 3' around, and it broke a good 3' off the ground. And, very sadly, a 3 year old was killed by falling debris when the family was walking beside one of the many construction sites in town.
Returned from the run and had a little rest while I inhaled another litre of water, then decided that darn grass wasn't going to cut itself! Short of buying a goat, I guess I needed to get my butt out there. It really doesn't take long, especially now that I use the good old-fashioned type of reel mower, and I worked up more of a sweat, so it's all good.
Now I am enjoying a well deserved Green Monster (with almond milk, almond butter, protein powder, sprouted Chia Seeds, frozen banana, Mandarin orange slices and, of course, spinach!), some more water and then I think a wee lay down on the couch may be in order. After all, I am looking a tad disheveled!
Haven't decided what's for supper yet, but I did pick up baby potatoes, fresh peas, baby carrots, patty-pan squash, kohlrabi, basil, peppers (red, green and purple(?!)) and tomatoes at the farmer's market yesterday, so it'll be something fresh and chock full of veggies!
Later!

No comments:

Blog Archive