MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Garmin Wars

Went for a run with H-woman this morning but are now contending with dueling Garmins. Hers, the 305, says we ran a 6.6/km. Mine, the 405 says we ran a 9:10/km! The math (the accountant in me checks these things!) agrees more with mine, since we ran 9.18km in 84 minutes. Either way, we got out there and finished it. Slowed down near the end, as we were more content with picking and eating Saskatoons along the path, then making good time!
After a quick change, went to the Farmer's Market. I was hoping that since it was Marda Gras in the local neighbourhood, that most people would be turned off by the traffic snarls or enjoying the festivities. I was wrong! The market was busy, but I do so enjoy going there every week. After our usual wander to check things out, we both decided we were starving! Settled on a Falafel from the Greek Gals. OMG! Best.I've.ever.had!! Never before have I enjoyed a falafel which has just come out of the fryer! Usually it's been sitting around, is crushed up and nuked in a microwave to heat up and served. This was crisp and light and absolutely freaking delicious!!
Appetite sated, we went back in and came out with our haul shortly thereafter. I only needed carrots, some fruit, basil and Buffalo wieners this week, as I still have quite a bit of stuff from last week. H-woman was a tad more loaded down than I, but both of us happy.
Back to H-woman's, where we enjoyed a lovely mojito on her gorgeous deck...light breeze, sunny but not glaring, quiet neighbourhood. She is never allowed to leave that place!!! I did have to break away, as it was getting late and I had things to do at home...although I would have preferred to hang and drink mojitos all night long. Came home, did some dishes and changed the litter, and then made dinner. As I still have leftover rice & peas, I decided on some Jerk Shrimp. Marinated prawns in a mixture of Epicure Selections Jamaican Jerk seasoning and some evoo for a few minutes, then fried them up till done. Deglaced the pan with lime juice, which I then pored over the shrimp and salad greens they were on. Had some purple pepper on the side, but I'm not so impressed with the flavour...or lack thereof. Couldn't decide what it tasted like, but I guess it leans more towards the green, as it was not nearly as sweet as a red or orange one. Probably won't purchase another, but I had to at least try it. Dinner was fab...and if you think the plate looks very full, I am using my smaller plates (8" vs. the 11") to eat off, and therefore eat less. Didn't say how high it could be piled though! Kidding!!

Off to ice and medicate the ankle (a tad tender from the run) and then sort and deliver my last Epicure order.

Have a great night, everyone.

2 comments:

H-woman said...

Shouldn't I get to preview photos of myself before they appear on your blog?! But that was one damn fine falafel!!

H =)

Carol said...

Hey...I thought it was a good shot!
:)

Blog Archive