MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday deep thoughts...

Boot Camp rocks...have I said that?! Granted, my foot/ankle (and hence knees and hips) was acting up terribly today...guess it didn't like the 5.46k walk at lunch (decided to walk today, as the ankle was aching a bit, but won't do that tomorrow - seems to feel better after a run) and it was letting me know all afternoon. And amazingly, it just takes a quick mention to Trainer Josh, and I know he's watching to make sure I don't do anything to make it worse. Doesn't mean I get off easy, mind you! We started with a quick 8-minute run to warm up, and then the good times started! Running through the ladders and over the hurdles, do circuit twice. Repeat, many times. Many, many, many times! Add burpees (egad, will they ever get easy?!) WITH weights and a push-up, and then through the ladder/hurdles. Step-ups onto the bench, and return. Repeat for 5 minutes! Same thing with thrusters, ladders/hurdles and narrow grip push-ups from the benches. Stop for water...then we played add-ons. Triceps dips, lateral raises, squeegees...repeat and add on bicep curls. Repeat from the beginning and add on wide-grip push-ups. Repeat from the beginning and add step up squats. Repeat from the beginning! Ouch...but I felt FREAKING AWESOME afterwards...sweaty, limping and in pain, but awesome. Man, I love endorphins!!!
Quick trip to Planet Organic and $60 poorer, I dropped off H-woman and headed for home. Dinner tonight was late...Boot Camp wasn't over till 6, by the time we ran around, it was 7:30 by the time I got home and ready to start dinner. So, I had a choice...simple, fast, out of a box and probably not good fuel, or I could suck it up and make something simple, fast, fresh and great fuel...I went for door #2! While I threw a couple of chorizo sausages on my Griddler (right out of the freezer...it helps that it cooks from the top too), I sliced up some red onion, red, green and orange peppers and halved some cherry tomatoes. Into the frying pan with some evoo, sea salt, and thinly sliced garlic went all the veggies. Once they started to cook down, I added some capers, the juice and zest of a lemon and a large handle of young Swiss Chard, courtesy of H-woman's garden! Put the lid on it and let the chard steam down, pulling the sausages off the griddler to rest. Crumbled the rest of my goat cheese on the veggies and chowed down. Mighty freaking good, if I do say so myself.

Dessert was a nice, or should I say an 'ice' treat? While at the Planet, I picked up my new favourite sorbet. I have tried the mango (mango, apple/grape juice) and loved it, but tonight I picked up the grapefruit...or as I will forever refer to it from now on, the Pamplemousse...sounds so very elegant! The ingredients are simple: juice/pulp of pink grapefruit, organic grape or apple juice, water and carob. For 55 calories and 1 gram of fibre, you can eat a fifth of the container for 1 point. Or the whole dang tub for 5 points!!!!!!!! Yum, yum, yum!
Quick preparation for tomorrow's lunch. Decided since I still had some of the whole wheat pitas left over from the Greek Ladies on the weekend, I would make some hummus. Chickpeas, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, evoo, sea salt and tahini. I prefer mine a little on the chunkier side, so I'm always happy to make my own. Besides, took all of 5 minutes! I'm going to eat it with goat feta, kalamata olives and a toss of peppers and tomatoes and Greek spices. Can't wait for lunch tomorrow!!!

But tired now, so it's Advil and bedtime for me...
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive